GeForce 8800 GTX ok without Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BSODs to me are a big deal...
whenever i get one, i do a CMOS reset, which means i have to re-ramp my cpu speed back up from stock, do stability tests, yadda yadda yadda. we all know the gremlins that pop up if you dont reset CMOS after BSOD.
about using dx10 w/ xp....
i read here yesterday that microsoft is planning on releasing a sp to allow xp to run dx10. woot, only a rumor at this point tho.i agree with king austin that sp3 is the way to go...but then again i dont have a billion dollars to spend uselessly.

ive got vista premium and have had it since it came out bascially. and ive had sum little bugs but nuthin bad. with my current rig 6800 ultra, 1.5 ddr and p4 28 its been running fine ad games have had no difference.

ppl are over using the word bugs wen it comes to vista its not even bad its basically the same as xp but huge security diff and easier to use. a lot of it just eye candy but isnt that wat everybody strives to get by o/c etc.. i just think ppl say its no good without even bothering to look at it in detail and basing their thoughts on wat other ppl r saying.

omg, DX10 on XP!!!!!!!!!!!!1 omfg i just bought Vista and that was just because of DX10, i already have Aero UI with WindowsBlinds no!!!!!!!

lol...what he probably meant, is that he can upgrade to a DX10 card, but still use XP.

edit: oops, I just realized nagasama's comment.

verong1992.....DX10 won't be on XP, so you can relax.

oh thank god... nagasama when u log on, can u post that article? unless its from the Inquirer i don't wanna see it then... great now the Inquirer fools us PC geeks, i thought it was just them magazine readers during checkout....

ive got vista premium and have had it since it came out bascially. and ive had sum little bugs but nuthin bad. with my current rig 6800 ultra, 1.5 ddr and p4 28 its been running fine ad games have had no difference.

ppl are over using the word bugs wen it comes to vista its not even bad its basically the same as xp but huge security diff and easier to use. a lot of it just eye candy but isnt that wat everybody strives to get by o/c etc.. i just think ppl say its no good without even bothering to look at it in detail and basing their thoughts on wat other ppl r saying.

I had Vista Business since Jan. 5th when it was released through MSDNAA for college students. I used it for over a month and did not enjoy it compared to XP. Locations of things were moved around (file settings, OS settings and such) in what seemed to be a more confusing way than necessary, I actually have a good computer and noticed a huge performance drop in games and everything alike, my boot time wasn't good, a lot of programs aren't supported, and it just makes no sense to upgrade to vista if you're a gamer at this point until DX10 actually becomes mainstream. Vista Transformation pack and maybe windows blinds is all you need if you want to have your stuff look like vista.

If it hasn't been said already:
DX 10 will eventually be released for XP Home/pro.

I have my Inside sources...

So that settles that...

If it hasn't been said already:
DX 10 will eventually be released for XP Home/pro.

I have my Inside sources...

So that settles that...

yeah.
ste, you are the one who wrote that earlier, and that is why i made the comment vernong.
hey ste can you link your post...sounded like you had some pretty convincing information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom