Geforce 7800 DOA???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsMonkeyball

Beta member
Hello everyone,
I wonder if anyone can help me out with a little problem i 'am having with my new graphic card.
The problem is that I cannot play dvds on my dvdrom ever since i replaced my (ATI radeon 9550) with (PNY GEFORCE 7800 GS AGP)
I find that strange cause the graphic card can play some games perfectly but other are laggy.

The graphic card is working fine when playing Hitman blood money with all the setting at the highest But laggy when i play Battlefield 2 at it's highest setting. (not my connection problem cause it can run without lag at low setting)
Also with i run any media program my computer starts to get laggy and freeze up.

I email nvidia support but to no avail. They only told me to DL the lastest driver, which i already am running...

Now my question is my graphic glitchy?

Computer spec:
Intel Pentium 4, 3.2 ghz;
MB Soyo P4I865PE Plus DRAGON 2 ;
2gb consair xms rams;
HD Seagate 200gb;
Geforce 7800 GS apg

I swap the new graphic card with the old one and i can play dvds again.

I am baffle as to why i am able to play some games on the highest setting (hitman BM) and experience laggy gameplay on other games (battlefield2)
I can play bf2 at low setting without lag but whats the point? i spented 280 bucks so i can play at the lowest setting???

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a driver issue to me.

Try contacting to your provider for further help..

And regarding your subjcet, yes... there is a possiblity for 7800gt to be a doa..no card is guranteed to have 0 doa %..

-Jo.

My friend bought a 7800GS agp a while ago, he can play BF2 with all high settings except AA is at 2x. he has AMD 3200 and 1gb ram. i guess the only difference is his is XFX? resolution is at 1024x768 i believe. so i guess thats about what you should be expecting out of that card

what are you trying to play dvds with...that's the simpler answer

If you have dvd capable video cards and have media player with appropriate extensions, dvds should play fine

If you had ATI and a DVD player with that, it'll work...

If you bought an NVIDIA with no dvd software...

It's all about the software...and of course the slight vaguness of your post

I believe it is a driver isse but i am going to refund the card and stick with ATI graphic cards from now on.

The nvidia support only said that they are going to try to fix the problem with the next driver update......

atomic tofu ---If you have dvd capable video cards and have media player with appropriate extensions, dvds should play fine

If Windows media player isn't a appropriate media player i don't know what is.

Anyway thanks for your help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom