Gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they do. But Battlefield 2 is one RAM hungry program, and well I think that spells out the future for games. 2Gb will soon become the norm for gaming PCs to come. Unfortunate as it sounds, good RAM at 2Gb is not very overclockable (i.e. the RAM I have), and so you might better off sticking at 1Gb, but getting a good set, not Value RAM.

but why would he need expensive ram when value ram is just as good? and you can OC a bit with valueram around 5-10% i heard of

EDIT: any combiniation of ram sticks, equaliting 2GBs is not good for OCing, cause its just Too much to handle. but you can OC a bit. just like you can OC a bit with valueram

what do you mean by problem? 4x512 will take more power and heat your system up but thats about it

Gah..computers are so bloody expensive.

Ok I think I will go with the AMD 64 3700 and the 2 Gig of RAM...I hope i'm making the right choice :(.

if your not OCing that will be fine. will last you around 1-21/2 years, depends. my sony computer from 2001 been lasting

P4 1.8
256x2
80GB IDE hdd
nvidia TNT2 something something

i can still play hl2
and cs
no bf2 lol obvioisly

Hrmpf..I don't know..im a computer hardware noob. I just want to be able to play games when they come out.

Haha, yeah I know where you're coming from RedUK. I used to be absolutely rubbish at computer hardware, but a months worth of research and I think I'm ready to give advice to people like yourself.

I know me and PZ are telling you to get different things, but get what you think is best. We can advise you all day long, but you won't get anywhere with the actualy build of the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom