Gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to get 1GB of RAM, hopefully that should be enough.

Do you need to buy windows every time you get a new PC? Or can you install it on more than one?

I have a windows 98 install disk and then an upgrade from that to XP Pro..would they work? I know you have to validate them online etc... Would that be a problem? I have no idea what the liscence is with these things

i would have to say the enermax, cause i never heard of epower and you always want to go with name brand on the psu

It's Tagan, they are quite a well know PSU brand. I was just wondering because the Tagan has 20A on each 12v rail. The Enermax only has 18A.

Will it make a big difference in gaming if I have a 17" monitor running 1024 x 768 @ 85Hz rather than a 19" monitor running 1280 x 1024 @ 85Hz.

Also will I be able to take advantage of the 7800GTX on a 17" monitor?

Also do you think I will be able to use my old windows disks that came with the computer i'm using now on my new one?

What I would do is get a 17" monitor (I mean it should be able to run at 1280 x 1024), and you may get a slightly less value for the refresh rate (say 75Hz) but the game will look much better and your 7800GTX will thrive at that resolution.

As regards your XP question, I would just buy an OEM version of XP Pro just to be safe.

I agree with PZ about getting the Enermax PSU, and although the Tagan has 20A on the 12V rail, the Enermax has two 12V rails, with one running at 18A and the running at 16A which is plenty for nowadays hardware :)

EDIT: The Tagan PSU might struggle to power your system efficiently with only 480W, you should be aiming for 500W minimum!

The Tagan has two 12v rails each with 20A. Infact the tagan beats the Enermax on every single rail apart from the +5v it seems that their maths os flawed :D.

I think I might just go for the 4000 San Diego. Just because then I can get a 19" monitor and a better PSU and Windows XP Home OEM.

I will probably just get a socket 939 dual core CPU when they come down in price and my AMD 64 4000 is struggling with games.

Do you think I will have at least 2 or 3 years with the AMD 64 4000?

P.S

Do you think you could put me a nice system together using this:

http://www.aria.co.uk/newAriaSystems.asp

Click custom PC to get the builder up.

I want to spent £1,270.00 Inc Vat Max. Thanks.

Yeah, you should do. I'd be surprised if it doesn't. And when the warranty runs out, just overclock it and see hwat happens :D

Just had a look at that Aria PC builder, and well you'd struggle to get the system you want on there. I mean just getting the 4000 San Diego, 1Gb of Corsair RAM and the Leadtek 7800GTX would nearly be setting the bar high on your budget. I had a quick go with it, and well to get a good case, and get some good hardware (i.e. a good hard drive, DVD-RW), you'd be lucky to get it under £1270.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom