Gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it sitting in your room within the PC..or sitting in your room in a box? :p

Also can you leave it on for as long as you like?

Yeah, from the pic it's still in it's box, I;m still waiting for the RAM to arrive.

I'm guessing it would be fine as long as your not putting it under full load 24 hours a day :)

Have you even made your computer yet?

Also doe sit matter whether I get Windows XP Home or Windows XP Pro?

it really doesnt matter. if your just using it for gaming, and home use then go with home. pro is more of for college campus and more stripped down and what not. enermax 835W power supply. is probably the best. and or was it pcpowerandcooling...

I was just looking on newegg.com (even though I can't get the parts as it's in the US I was interested in reviews) and it seems people have had some very bad experiences with the Enermax 600w PSU. Read here

lol, ill buy the parts, and ill ship them to you for a cost

Haha, yeah thanks PZ. I've tried that before with someone from a different forum, and it it was extremely confusing, and well I have my PC now :) So it's all good. But thanks for the offer anyways!

By the way, the guy who offered to do that originally for me would do it for free ;)

Does it make much difference what CRT monitor I get?

For example if I got the 17" Hyundai Imagequest V773 instead of the 17" Iiyama Visionmaster 1403

Decieved can the MOBO in your sig have IDE Hard drives?

Would 1280x1024 @ 85Hz and 1024 x 768 @ 85Hz be much different when gaming?

I have two possible builds:

AMD Athlon64 4000 San Diego Retail
Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLi nForce4
Warrior Gamers Case - Silver (Y1B)
Corsair Value Select 2x512MB PC3200
Leadtek WinFast 7800GTX TDH MyVIVO
Microsoft Windows XP Home OEM
Enermax Noisetaker 600W ATX V2.0
19" Iiyama VisionMaster 1451
16X Sony DVD Silver
3½" Silver Floppy Drive
80GB Seagate Barrucuda 7 [7200/100]

------- OR

Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLi nForce4
Warrior Gamers Case - Silver (Y1B)
Corsair Value Select 2x512MB PC3200
Asus 7800GTX TDH MyVIVO
Microsoft Windows XP Home OEM
Enermax Noisetaker 600W ATX V2.0
16X Sony DVD Silver
3½" Silver Floppy Drive
80GB Maxtor DiamondMax+9 133/7200
AMD Athlon64 X2 4200 512K Retail
17" Hyundai Imagequest V773

----------

Remember I want to have a rock solid gaming PC.

Personally, I would go for the second build just because you have put the X2 in there, and you may have a smaller screen but say like in two months time if you have enough money, go out and buy a 21" CRT :) Their TFT counterpart will be double the price, and CRTs are still the best to view games on :)

Your first one doesn't have the X2 but it does have a 19" CRT. Again, I think the insides of a computer is what counts, and well basically, your X2 will last you a lot longer than your 4000. Sure your 4000 will play games better now, but as on overall processor, the X2 will suit your needs in terms of running multiple programs. You may not run multiple prgrams but in the long run, buying two CRTs (the one in that list, and then a possible upgrade) will be much cheaper than buying the 4000, and then next upgrading to a new dual core (and you may not even have the right socket for the newer ones, and so a whole sysetm upgrade would be needed, which is ALOT more expensive).

So I choose the second build :)

As regards the motherboard, yes it does support IDE. It has two connectors, aswell as 4 SATA and 4 SATAII connectors. Just curious as to why you'd want an IDE hard drive? SATA is much faster....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom