Gaming rig upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

razerremix

Solid State Member
Hi everyone I was wondering what should I upgrade, since lately Ive been playing quite a lot of online games like Modern Warfare 2 and I lag a lot! My internet is good, 10mbps.
Here's my list of stuff.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz
CPU Speed: 2.48 GHz Performance Rated at: 5.456 GHz
Power Supply: (Don't know specific brand) its a 500 watt cable.
Memory: 4gb Patriot gaming ram or something.
Cooling: zalman fan
Video Card: Nvidia 8800GT

Ask what else should I show, ill try to get that info.
and sorry I don't know how to get my motherboard info!
Oh yeah i'll be probably upgrading one by one and please list
which to upgrade first.
-Thanks!

As was said, your graphics card would be the first thing I would look at. Your quad CPU should handle the game very well, and you have plenty of RAM.

Your system should handle Modern Warfare 2 just fine. I don't know about BFBC2. You should probaly get something like a ATI Radeon HD5850 in terms of graphics. It will cruise through BFBC2 on max settings easily at about 1280x960 resolution. and for MW2 well it would not even strain it an inch on max settings at max resolution. And all for under $300, what more could you ask for? OH and the "unknowen Powersupply" can be a killer, i would find out the brand and post back, some brands are really bad and you system might be under powered, that would explain bad performance.

Hmm ^^ that's weird I just lag ridiculously on modern warfare 2.
And about power-supply, ok i'll try my best to find out, thanks!

Both :X ^^ like everything is really laggy I move really slow and the sound has weird warped sound.
also I turned everything on the options for MW2 off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom