Gaming rig? decent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abruh

Baseband Member
Okay well I'm in need of a new gaming rig and I was looking to sell my Xbox 360 stuff so someone that lives near me messaged me with a computer with these specs.

Abit AB9 Pro LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard.

Cooler Master Black SECC/ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775 Processor.

6 Gig G Skill Ram.

Western Digital 500 Gig Harddrive.

Ati Radeon 4850 512MB 256-Bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Video Card.

Windows XP 64-Bit OS.

G5 Gaming Mouse.

Standard Sony Vaio Keyboard.

I wanted to make sure that this rig would be worth a Xbox 360, which I was trying to sell for around 300 dollars or a good computer.

I told the seller to provide pictures of the computer with a note with my email address on it and the seller did.

I will be playing WoW on it.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: He's now looking for Xbox360 + 400 dollars, Worth it?

Not sure about that motherboard, but like vernon said the machine is definitely worth much more than your used xbox360. Just make sure that you check out the machine he gives you and to make sure that what's in the specs isn't a lie.

Hard to understand what his RAM situation is. 2x2gb and 2x1gb? I don't see why he would lie about the computer though, so if it is what he says it is then yeah snag it if you want it.

Yes it's worth it. Make sure there's no problems with it though. Also needs some major wire management...

From what I can tell this is the GPU, 4GB RAM, 2GB RAM, idk the PSU, and looks like stock heatsink.

Should handle wow pretty well.

Yes it's worth it. Make sure there's no problems with it though. Also needs some major wire management...

From what I can tell this is the GPU, 4GB RAM, 2GB RAM, idk the PSU, and looks like stock heatsink.

Should handle wow pretty well.

Well he said there was a problem with 2 USB things, but he said he put in 2 new ones in the back or something here's original quote.

"the top usb ports on the computer case are broken but i put two extra on the back. I have attached the pictures for you to look at. I have all the software for the motherboard-video card and also the crossfire rail for the video card."

I sent him back asking if this was the only known problem with the computer, he said yes, and I also asked about when he made it and what OS he had.

"Yes(no other known problems). Well i built it from 12/30/2007 and finished 8/06/2008 and added a new video card from 8800GTS to Ati 4850 on 8/10/2008. The OS on it now is Windows XP 64 bit."

EDIT: he now wants Xbox 360 + 400 dollars. Worth it?

Idk if I should now, because I know with 600-700 dollars I can definently build a better computer than his...

in the case of your edit, then no, because you can build something better for that amount.

if it was just for the 360, that would have been a pretty good deal for you. but not for $400 extra.

this might be a bit unrelated, but,

which version of the 360 do you have that you were gonna sell?

i ask because i think the only way you're going to get $300 is if you have the elite one, because the next one down is the pro, and that one costs $300 new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom