gaming rig build

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkywaggnelz

In Runtime
Well I am looking to be building a new gaming rig in the next couple of months. When I return from my study abroad, I plan on selling my laptop and using the money for a gaming computer/multimedia desktop. Only problem is is that it has been quite a bit of time since I have researched this stuff and I am a little behind on the times. Another problem being the limitedness of my budget. Would it be a lot cheaper to go with an AMD machine? Could I get similar performance with an AMD as compared to a core 2 with a significant price difference at this point? Note that I would not be overclocking at all.

Even if you don't overclock, you can still get an inexpensive and a fast processor from Intel like E7200

The AMD route would almost guaranteed be less expensive. You could get by pretty easily with an Athlon 64 X2 5000+ and an HD4850.

as for a level of performance I am aiming for. Something that could play like assassins creed at relatively high settings. i've been researching around and i have some ideas now, but i'll post them later.

Or you could save $150 and get this:

CPU:
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Brisbane 2.7GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors

Motherboard:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA780G M2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

GPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121251

That will still score you good performance in games like Assassins Creed and the like. The other recommendations, such as power supply and ram, that Maroon1 made are great choices.

Sorry, but can you please tell me from where did you get "$150" ?

CPU: E7200 is $53 more expensive than the CPU you suggested

Motherboard: EP35-DS3L is $10 cheaper than the motherboard you suggested

GPU: 9600GT is $30 more expensive than 9600GSO you suggested (after MIR)

Total saving: $93, not $150

And total saving without counting the GPU is only $63 (he could get the GPU you suggested)

I don't think $63 is a big difference.

Moreover, he could also get GA-P31-S3G instead of EP35-DS3L motherboard and thats would lower the price of the build I suggested by $25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom