Gaming rig advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
there no doubt that the p2 x6 processors are beastly processors, and they are cheaper than intels i7 processors, there nothing wrong with them, they are the best bang for your buck and if you dont have a lot of money to blow on a computer they are the perfect middle ground between price and ultimate performance.

I dont know what ddr"3" stands for... but it is signifcantly faster than ddr2 ram, 4 gigs of ddr3 ram is faster than 8 gigs of ddr2 ram. so I would deffinatly stick with DDR3 ram, just get dual channel, get either a 2 x 2 gig or 2 x 4gig ram kit. It would be helpful to have 8 gigs but not necessary.

I think theremight be a slight misscommunication, both AMD and intel processors use DDR3 ram, however, Intel uses DDR3 triple channel Ram and AMD uses DDR3 Dual channel ram, I dont think ( some one correct me if I'm wrong ) you will see any kind of noticeable performance between the dual channel and tripple channel ram. but like I said if you go wth

I dont know what ddr"3" stands for... but it is signifcantly faster than ddr2 ram, 4 gigs of ddr3 ram is faster than 8 gigs of ddr2 ram. so I would deffinatly stick with DDR3 ram, just get dual channel, get either a 2 x 2 gig or 2 x 4gig ram kit. It would be helpful to have 8 gigs but not necessary.

Quantity (gb) doesn't have anything to do with speed. Also DDR3 being faster isn't always true, several companies offered DDR2 sticks that were 1200mhz at cas5 which puts a lot of low end DDR3 to shame. However most DDR2 that good hasn't been available for a while now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom