gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Efficiency isn't really that big of a deal. 70% is the accepted normal, with up to 85% on some of the really high-end ones like the Thermaltake Toughpower.

As long as a [reputable] company doesn't put more than 18A on each +12v rail, they should be fine. Nowadays, even the minimum requirement for a PSU should have 2 x +12v rails, and a decent amount of amps on them. Overload of amps only occurs with more than 20 Amps on any single +12v rail. Amperage is a huge deal, and I would be willing to drop looking at Watts altogether when picking a PSU, but the watts can come in handy sometimes. Lots of amps are good, but more than 20A on a +12v rail are not.

After changing almost everything about my additional rig, I've been looking around about the case as well.

I know I said it was my final set-up but I have to wait 2-3 more weeks for my memory so I've got two weeks to reconsider everything and to wait for any price drops. After all, this will be the biggest money I've spent outside university.

I've grown to quite like the silver windowed version of the CoolerMaster Cavalier 3 which looks good and has a 120mm and an 80mm fan. The only setbacks would supposedly be the weight and the fact that the fans can't be connected to the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom