Gaming RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Basically this is a very broad question I know, but here I go anyway:

What is the best gaming RAM available?

I'm probably looking at getting 2gb (2x1gb sticks), so that later when I change to dual channel they will both work :D

Don't really have a budget, just need brands and model numbers.

I'm not really interested in o/c but just want to get the best performance out of them. I don't really know about latency's and all that stuff. But anything has to be better than my x2 512mb of ddr400, pc3200 value ram.

Thanks.

G.Skill, OCZ, and Corsair have to be the best brands.

Just find the lowest lantency ram you can in your price range, and try to get ones with copper heat-spreaders or whatever they're called.

Will I notice much of a performance increase from my Value Ram to lets say a good OCZ ram?

cyrax said:
You will if you get 2gb going from 512mb.

2x512mb....not 512mb ;)

but yea goin from 1 gig over to the 2 gig area is a bigger diffrence especially in gaming :)

what about if i only get x1gb stick of OCZ, the platnium edition i think.... Would I notice a difference over the 2x512mb Value ram (pc3200, DDR400)?

Since you have been misinformed about overclocking, I could only suggest OCZ ram. OCZ ram are very high quality and they also have a very fast range of rams available, and their prices aren't too bad.

Well as you can see at the moment, my gaming rig has Kingston KVR400X64C3AK2 - 1GB 2x512mb, which is value ram, however is running at pc3200 and ddr400. I was looking at buying the following,

OCZ 1GB Platinum PC-3200 Extreme Performance Gamer DDR RAM with Enhanced Latency and Heat Spreader
1x1024MB Dual Channel Unbuffered Non-ECC Memory Kit - 184Pin
Latency: 2-3-2-5 (doesnt mean anything to me lol)

Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom