Gaming RAM 2GB or 4GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It only shows up as 3 or 3.5GB because it'd be running on a 32-bit OS. If you get XP 64-bit, you can go well over 4GB (what exactly is the limit? I forget).

4 gb of ram with Vista 64 bit is well worth it! Although I'm sure you'll be fine with 2 gb and 32 bit. My recommendation is to get 4gb and 64 bit vista because that is what I use and it runs great, but if you haven't already bought the stuff, get 2gb and use Vista 32 bit or even just XP pro if you don't want Vista

Hah, well I only went with 2GB with my build anymore just seemed like a waste but after seeing Fry's Uber cheap Ballistix I purchased another 2GB Def worth it

4 gb of ram with Vista 64 bit is well worth it! Although I'm sure you'll be fine with 2 gb and 32 bit. My recommendation is to get 4gb and 64 bit vista because that is what I use and it runs great, but if you haven't already bought the stuff, get 2gb and use Vista 32 bit or even just XP pro if you don't want Vista

How do your games and other apps run on Vista 64? That is the main reason I am waiting it out.

It depends on how you use your pc. If you play COD4 for example, and then use itune's to listen to music in the background. You will actually notice a small difference, not in FPS but in system responsiveness, well ok and maybe in fps, but not enough to justify the price difference. In all truthfulness though the sweetspot for XP-32 bits is 2gigs. But vista-32 bits loves 4gb because of all the crap in the background. Unless you do what I did and disable the sidebar and all the other useless crap, but at that point your pc looks like XP sorta, which if you were going for Vista for pure cosmetic appearance then your a SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom