Gaming RAM 2GB or 4GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. LL

In Runtime
Obviously the more RAM the better but I am just curious how much of a difference there will be between 2GB of 800/6400 VS. 4GB 800\6400.

After thinking about it since I use XP and MS is retarded I will probably stick with 2GB of RAM.

In terms of FPS, very little. However in some memory intensive games like BF2142, ET:QW, and Crysis you will notice a performance gain...especially in loading times and there will never be any slowdowns or choppyness

My advice is to stick with 2gb of RAM until you find that something you're doing is making you run out of memory, then upgrade.

Obviously the more RAM the better but I am just curious how much of a difference there will be between 2GB of 800/6400 VS. 4GB 800\6400.

After thinking about it since I use XP and MS is retarded I will probably stick with 2GB of RAM.

I wouldn't say they were retarded.. they built it for the time... when it was made 1 gb was tippy top high end..

I currently have 2GB of RAM in my system and its working fine for me. It never crashes at all and the memory meter never goes above 70%. I was going to upgrade and add 4GB more RAM but then decided to wait for now as I dont necessarily need it right now.

My system is running in stock settings so no overclock hehe. I don't use my computer that much anymore. I made it for gaming but never really got to use it for gaming that much as I am in school. Hopefully when Crysis comes out Ill put this computer to the test. Hoping that they will have a racing game for PC that is as good as Forza 2.

What makes me wonder is XP only support up to 4GB of RAM, retarded MS used part of the allocated amount of RAM that it can see and used it for other stuff too, thats why some times it only show 3GB or 3.5GB instead of 4GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom