Gaming Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
Hey everyone, thanks a ton for all the advice on building my first gaming computer. Here are the specs that I now have on my computer all put together and running well.

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ SanDiego
eVGA nvidia 7800GTX video card
1 gig of corsair value select ram
DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D Motherboard
160 gig sata hard drive
windows xp pro

As of yet I have not overclocked anything.

Here is the situation: I play counter strike and am only getting 60 fps. I have tried tweaking some of the in game settings but it still stays at 60 fps. My old laptop with only a mobility radeon 9600 video card stays at 100 fps. As far as I can tell my video card is running fine and so is everything else. I have gone to some online computer scan things that test your hardware and recommend things but they say that everything is running fine on my system. Any ideas what is happening? I don't know if it makes any difference but I also have a 19" lcd monitor that has 8ms response time. Thanks for the help.

I even lowered the game to all its lowest settings. 640 x 480 resolution and the fps stayed exactly the same. This is Counter Strike the original not source so it is not graphic intensive at all so my setup should be able to handle it without even blinking.

type max_fps 100 or 200 if you like, how do you get more then 100? 100 seems the barrier for me. anyways. thats what you type in. the default is at 72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom