gaming pc questions (budget)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the zinj

Beta member
MB - BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD

CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+(65W) Windsor 2.2GHz Socket AM2 Processor

Memory - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

GPU - 7950 gt 512

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

PSU - ?

Monitor - SAMSUNG 906BW Black 19" 2 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD , Hanns•G HG-191RPB Black 19" 2ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor

This is what I have chosen so far. This is strictly for gaming, and I don't plan on doing any overclocking. I just need to know what you think as well as some suggestions on a PSU, and which of the two monitors would be best. I had assumed Amd was the way to go right now if your on a budget, but please feel free to steer me in other directions. I don't have a set budget cap but don't get wild on me, you can assume from my choices that I have chosen around the best of each category for what I can afford.

Also, I choose the 7950 gt 512 because of the price, but I never factored in my tax return check, so I may be able to squeeze in an 8800 gts 640. If I do this would these picks still be wise or would there be a bottleneck (excluding the PSU because I realize depending on which card I get changes which PSU I need). Thanks guys

-Z

If you dont plan on OC'ing then get a cheaper board if you want.

Save some money and go with a 5ms Hanns G monitor instead. You won't notice any difference.

The 7950GT is beat by the X1950XT in pretty much every benchmark while still only having 256 memory. I suggest one of those or an 8800GTS 320 instead. You wont need 640mb GTS for a 19 inch monitor.

For a PSU I recommend the Hiper 580w Modular for about 90 bucks.

I believe you guys, but someone explain why the gts 320 would be better with the 19 inch. Also does that mean that all these people with gtx's and 640 gts's were wasting their money or are running larger monitors?

Just checking, but no one suggests any other CPU's then?

thanks, Z

No the GTX is the faster card, but since your going for a gts then it mayaswell be the lower ram version if your running a 19" monitor, thats all there saying.
But id still get the best you can incase you upgrade to a bigger monitor in X amount of time, then you'll wish you went one better with the graphics card, thats just my 2 cents though

The people with the GTXs and 640s are probably running larger resolutions. And playing maxed on large resolutions, require a powerful card. And the 8800GTS is just a little more than the 7950GT, but alot better than the 7950GT. It's also DX10 compliant.

well we need a budget to suggest a cpu......... the AMD route is cheaper and pretty futureproof with less performance the Intel route is more expensive futureproof and more performance. The GTX is a different level the reason why the 320mb should be chosen is that it is all the Ram you need to run a standard 19" screen the 640mb is only worth it at high resolutions you can buy the 640 if you want but your likely to be using 400mb of that ram max. Please give us a budget to work with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom