Gaming PC questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich_Newbie

Baseband Member
1. If i get two monitors what will i need to get in addition to dual screen set them up?

2. for the X6800 which is a better mobo, EVGA nForce 680i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard or Asus P5N32-E nForce 680i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard?

3. Is there a better performing RAM than Corsair XMS2 Xtreme for about the same price?

4. Will the ASPIRE CF4SL-4C CASE FAN be sufficiant for cooling?

5. Do i gain any performance boosts by getting two HD's and RAID'ing them?

Thank you ahead of time for your answers and feedback.

Lets see, to go with dual monitors all you need is 2 monitors and 2 means of output on your video card

I am going to go with the evga board, becuase I have read that it is a great board and cheaper then the asus.

Not sure if dominator is better? I think it is just the same stuff with bigger heat spreaders.

Dont know, if you could link me to the case I could tell you

I dont really think there is that much of a difference, if you just get a 150 gig raptor for windows and your primary games then you should be plenty fast.

1. A video card that has dual DVI/VGA outputs (which most do).

2. I would go with Asus, they defiantly have more experience in the motherboard field than EVGA (even though I love EVGA videocards).

3. RAM by itself really doesn't have much performance advantage than any other RAM at the same speed. I'm sure that RAM is fine.

4. Case fans are case fans, not much of a difference between different brands. The only things really to think about are: size (normally 80mm or 120mm), airflow, and noise level.

5. Depends on what you mean by performance boost. If you mean like FPS then no, if your talking about boot/loading times then yes. Personally I recommend against it, as not only the chance of a drive failure increases, if one goes out then other one goes out. I single 10K RPM hard drive (like a WD Raptor) will be fine, I guess if you have the money for it. I really don't see that much of an advantage worth the price over a standard 7.2K RPM hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom