Gaming PC- First Build

rodent3000

Beta member
I have a list of components for a PC that i am going to be using for high end gaming
Could you advise me on what components i should change. I live in the uae so the currency is AED Some of the alternatives might not be available but could you please advise me if a should change anything? I decided to leave out the SSD because i was running out of money my budget is around 2500$ which is the current cos of the components. And do i have to buy a sound card myself or will it be in the motherboard itself

Processor : Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155 1110
Motherboard : ASUS Deluxe Intel Z77 ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1155 Motherboard P8Z77-V DELUXE 1425
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 4GB 1600 (4x4gb=16gb) 390
GPU: GIGABYTE GTX690 4GB DDR5 4350
HHD : Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop Hard Drive 435
Optical Drive: Blue- Ray Pioneer - Internal 12XReadable and DVD-Writable Drive with Lightscribe OEM-BDR-207DBK 400
Case : ATX CASE COOLER MASTER-CM692 ADVANCED 460
PSU: COOLER MASTER 650W Power Supply 380
Cooling : Corsair Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler 565

great build, but:

i would change the psu to the corsair tx series of around 650 watts. 750 wouldnt hurt, but you definitely dont need any more than that.

an ssd would make a big difference, and is a great fit based on the budget of the build. i would take the cpu back just a bit to make room for the ssd. even if you had to take the ram down to 8 gb. unless you are doing a lot of video or photo editing, you really wont need more than 8 gb.

These are the 3 SSD's names
SSD 240GB KINGSTON SVP200S3B/240G V+SERIES 820
SSD 240GB KINGSTON SH103S3B/240G HYPERX DT 858
SSD 256GB TRANSCEND-TS256GSSD720 935
Does it matter which one i get ?
I going to email the computer guy for some of the parts that you have suggested.
For the CPU, the intel 2500k is not available in the uae.
The power supply i think im gonna keep the same, but im still gonna check for availability of the items. If i find a cheaper alterative i will get it
RAM i might downgrade but its only a small difference in price
And could you please tell me if a sound card is on the motherboard or do i have to buy it. Will i also need to buy speakers for the inside or will i have to put external speakers

if you dont have any currently, you will need to buy speakers. a set of 2.1 (2 speakers a little subwoofer) of under $100US is typical.

sound can be done off from the motherboard and is more than adequate for 95% of people. Some improvements could be had, and might not be a bad idea given your overall budget. For just gaming, you can get a sound card for under $35US

Dont cheap out on the power supply. especially with as a high a budget as you have. You should look at getting an antec, corsair, or seasonic power supply. investing just a bit more into the power supply is a cheap insurance for the rest of the system. This is even more important if you dont have the highest quality and most reliable electricity supply.

I am not familiar with SSD's enough to know the differences between those ones. I do know that intel makes the best ones, though they also get the highest price.

Back
Top Bottom