GAMING PC FOR CHEAP(Please Rate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRYT7

Solid State Member
I'm am thinking about purchasing a 8600 GT 256MB Video Card. It comes with a 20 dollar mail in rebate. The motherboard to support the video card is a NVIDIA nforce 650i SLI for intel. The cpu is a 2.33 core 2 duo. The RAM is crucial ballistics DDR2 800 2 gigs. I'm thinking about getting one 80gig hardrive and upgrading later. For te sound card i got a creative sound blaster with 7.1 channels. i think that everything else i can figure out on my own like the mouse and such. oh, also youshould probably know that i'm am going to use a TV instead of a monitor because it is less spendy since we have one already. Thank you for reading my PC specs please reply with any suggestions.

the 8600GT is crap go with a 7900GS instead and as for a motherboard try getting one with the P35 chipset

Whats your budget?

If your on a tight budget just use intergrated sound. You don't need a soundcard unless your a audiophile. And consider going amd.

2 gig of RAM, a C2D, a 650i SLI mobo... definitely a nice start on a rig. An 80 gig will work (I am running one, but I have a 250 on the way).

f2b2004 is right, though... the 7900 would rip the 8600 a new one, DX10 notwithstanding. Even my old 7800GTX would shred a 8600. Just make sure your PSU has enough juice to push it all

The P35 may be the newest and best, but he already has a 650i, maroon. No sense in throwing away money for a slight increase.

For the video card, get an x1950GT for $115 and overclock it to x1950PRO speeds. It's the best price/performance ratio card you can get.

However, if you can find a 7900GS at around $120, I think PNY has one at about that price, it'd be a better choice, but it'll be easier to find the x1950GT for super cheap. (also I'm not 100% with American prices)

Either way, any of those two cards would completely destroy and humiliate the mid-range DX10 cards; 8600GT and 2600XT. Performance is a joke. Nvidia and ATI both took a shiet on the mid-range community. Some people are gonna be fuming when Crysis comes out and their 8600s and 2600s can't handle the extra DX10 features, while a high-end DX9 card, which usually costs the same or less, will play nice and buttery smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom