Gaming Pc build

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayKann

Baseband Member
I want to build a nice computer that will handle just alot of the new FPS's. I havent been into pc gaming for about 4 years now. But i miss it ALOT! With that said heres what i want to do with it

Alot of media, such as itunes, pictures, and videos
Gaming play all the newer games at a decent rate
Web surfing
As a jukebox i guess you could say. Would like a good sound card that can make my Klipschs sound very nice.

My budget is about $650-$700 TOPS!

My neighbor has a copy of windows xp, so should i use that or get windows 7?

Im also not including a monitor in the budget. I would still like yall to recommend me a nice one for gaming. I still need a keyboard and maybe a mouse. I hope to god my MX518 logitech is still around, but if it aint i need one of those to.

Thanks guys!

Forgot to add, i do not want to OC much i would like to be capable but i would still like a good solid "stock" system.

Pretty tight budget man, you'd be best served to keep saving for a month to ensure you can afford a system that will play BF3 etc optimally.

O jeez i knew it was going to cost more. I have 2 options. Buy a big hdtv with a ps3 or spend the money on computer and still get a hdtv just not as big......

Also what do you guys think about buying everything separate and kinda spread it out, since i dont have all the cash at the moment? I know computer stuff outdates FAST!

Btw thanks guys for helping me.

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALX 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

That is 1TB and is the same price as that 500GB, wouldn't that be better? :p

Also, Clay, I think several of the people here do that, so I think that would be fine, but it would kind of depend on how long a time period we're talking about. Also, I think AMD's coming out with Bulldozer in the next few months, so, maybe if those aren't extravagantly expensive, you could get one of those... :p Though, then again, they'd probably be a bit more expensive than the ones out now, but I haven't really done any research on them, so, I'm not really the person to ask.

If you have patience and a light wallet buying separate isn't a bad idea.

Optical drives, hard drives, cases, and power supplies should be targeted first as they change slowest.
Ram is iffy, DDR4 is likely dropping in 2012 (also heard 2015?), but DDR3 should be fine for quite a while.
Graphics and processors improve quickly, and prices drop with each new upgrade. AMD is launching Bulldozer soon (mid to late June?) so I would probably hold off on CPUs until then, I expect to see the Phenom II x4's drop in price when it launches.

Black > Blue due to speed. WD's Black line is for performance, plus the five year warranty is nice, too.

Oh, I didn't know that it was faster.

Just wondering, if two have the same cache and RPM, how is one faster? I don't really understand hard drives...

WD advertises the Black Caviar drives as having two processors...but I'm not sure what that means exactly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom