gaming pc $2000 limit! first build pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and +1 on the 22-24" monitor.. totally worth it man... if you have 2k you can easily do it. the jump to a 22 is a must to fully see the beauty in your games.... with such a nice system.. dont you want to see all it can do?

I have to chime in on the monitor thing too. I had a 22" that sadly died and now I am stuck with this stupid 19" Acer that my uncle gave me because he wanted to help me out because I couldn't afford one (unfortunately he doesn't know much about computers). Anyways, my point is, I hate it lol. My screen feels so small. Everyday I look at the 26" I will get as soon as school is out and I can save up some money to buy.

Good news! I can upgrade the monitor to a larger size! The desk was the main problem, but I'm getting a new one. I'm looking at the SAMSUNG 2333SW High Glossy Black 23" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 20000:1 (1000:1) w/ HPCP Support right now. Let me know what you think. It seems a little pricey but I like the energy efficiency and the design overall. I wish I could find it cheaper...

Thanks for all the advice. Does anyone have any sound card ideas? I find that they are made for both the PCI slots and PCI express slots. Not sure which way to go... Thanks again.

And Pinscher... I saw Watchmen opening night. AWESOME movie. Don't know if you've read the graphic novel all i can say is... amazing.

I'd say go for the: Newegg.com - Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2500:1 - LCD Monitors

would fit your needs fine and its cheaper... unless you want one larger than 22"...

the monitor you chose is nice, but unless you are going to use it as a TV and a monitor.. you might as well get one with the 1920x1200 resolution instead... Newegg.com - ASUS MK241H Black 24" 2ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor with 1.3M Pixel Webcam 450 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 3000:1) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors
but others may feel differently... also if you keep an eye on the Deals section of the Buy/Sell/Trade section on tech-forums, you can find montiors for really cheap - I picked up my 24" T240 samsung as a openbox item on newegg for ~240 dollars... was in perfect shape and no dead pixels...

I have a $2,000 budget which I know isn't much, !

$2k is a helluva lot of money for a computer that would be enough for me to buy my full on xFire build, give me room for a Blue-Ray drive, a tuner card , and even a good stand alone sound card

with the much saved why would you go 19"?

go for a decent 22" at least, they are mostly in the $250 range

i7 for sure..

And Pinscher... I saw Watchmen opening night. AWESOME movie. Don't know if you've read the graphic novel all i can say is... amazing.

I saw it opening night in IMAX..... OH MY GOD that was one **** of an experience. What an amazing movie. I read the graphic novel too. It was incredible. I think I'm going to read it again now that I've seen the movie... twice.

I'd say go for the: Newegg.com - Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2500:1 - LCD Monitors

would fit your needs fine and its cheaper... unless you want one larger than 22"...

the monitor you chose is nice, but unless you are going to use it as a TV and a monitor.. you might as well get one with the 1920x1200 resolution instead... Newegg.com - ASUS MK241H Black 24" 2ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor with 1.3M Pixel Webcam 450 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 3000:1) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors
but others may feel differently... also if you keep an eye on the Deals section of the Buy/Sell/Trade section on tech-forums, you can find montiors for really cheap - I picked up my 24" T240 samsung as a openbox item on newegg for ~240 dollars... was in perfect shape and no dead pixels...

Samsung makes much better monitors than Acer and Asus. Stick with Samsung but I would recommend getting atleast a 24" with 1920x1200 res. Heres a good one for not too much
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 2433BW High Glossy Black 24" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 20000:1(1000:1) - LCD Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom