gaming pc - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2009, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default gaming pc

Hello all,I want a new high end gaming pc.I have researched several companies who build for you but they have all received a ton of bad I have decidied to build myself.I have a price range of about 1500-to 1800.I have researched a ton so I have come up with this build so I would like some feedback to let me know how it is or any suggestions.

case=coolermaster haf932 full tower
psu=coolmax cug 950 watt
mobo=asus p6T x58
cpu=intel coreI7 920
cpu cooler=themaltake v1
ram=ocz gold 6gb 1600mhz
Hd=western digital se16 500gb
optical=samsung oem dvd+rx
video=evga gtx 260
os=vista 64 bit

p.s. can I get vista oem

Old 02-05-2009, 08:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
AKA , gt7sanremo
Default Re: gaming pc

If you're into overclocking this would be a better mobo: - BIOSTAR TpowerX58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
But if not, the Asus you picked is fine.

Get this psu instead, it's better quality and is cheaper: - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

This seems like a better cpu cooler than the V1: - Vigor Monsoon III LT Dual 120mm Fan CPU Cooler Socket 1366 Ready - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

You could also consider this hdd instead: - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
For only $5 more and free shipping you get more space and 32mb cache, I think it's worth it.

Make sure you get a GTX 260 core 216. And yes, you can run Vista 64 oem. OEM versions just come with a disc and a key code, which is all you need.

Random movie quote to make you seem hip and "with it":
"Please take the chairs away. I don't like them. The big one is staring at me and that short one is being very droll."
Old 02-05-2009, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie
Send a message via AIM to NightSurge
Default Re: gaming pc

Great advice gt7! I was also going to comment on the power supply, but the Corsair 850 is a great alternative.

I have not used Coolmax brands, but just remember that High watts doesn't always mean a good PSU. We have a power supply guide to help you out if you need it in the future:

If I was helpful, please click the icon on the left hand side of this message that looks like a check mark Thanks!

Closed Thread