Gaming PC for $1500

Status
Not open for further replies.

xParagonx

Banned
i need help with a new gaming computer. my old one just can't handle it anymore, it wont play the newer games. i have $1600 saved up from my job, but it took 4 months, so the PC has to be perfect. I dont want to waste any money at all.

i'm totally new to this though, so i'll need all the help you guys can give. BUT, i did catch some stuff from this thread on the Total BF2 Forums. i'm not the original poster on there so just forget that. that guy made a really long post about Coneroe (sp?) but i didn't really get much. those guys are too into it for me, hopefully you guys can help me.

mainly i've heard good thing about AMD? don't really know much about them, but most of the ppl on TotalBF2 have AMD PCs so I guess its good. more info plz?

Alright, first off, welcome to Tech Forums.

Best computer you could probably get with the money you have:

AMD Opteron 170 (or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+/4400+)
Geforce 7900 GT
Antec TruePower 2.0 550Watt
G.Skill dual Channel 2x1GB Extreme
DFI Lanparty nf4 Ultra-D
Creative X-Fi

You're gonna need hard drives, optical drives, and a case.

Before I submit this. I feel sort of obligated to mention Conroe to you. Conroe is going to be the next processor coming out from Intel on July 23rd. I don't want to sway too much off topic, but it's going to be amazing. Use your search button to find out some information about Conroe.

[EDIT] Check out www.newegg.com and www.zipzoomfly.com to help you buying your parts. My personal fav. is Newegg, they have very nice shipping.

As it seems that you are somewhat new to the whole DIY computer world I would suggest against the opteron if your not overclocking, the 4400+ would be a better choice for you. X-FI anthrax recommended is a great sound card but might not be needed if you don't have high quality speakers where onboard sound should be more than sufficient. There are tons of guides on putting together a computer and can be extremely helpful. I would also suggest getting the best pc 3200 ram with the tightest timings and the lowest price, the ram suggested is a great overclocker but if your not going that route it might cost you more than you need to spend.

Mike

updawg said:
X-FI anthrax recommended is a great sound card but might not be needed if you don't have high quality speakers where onboard sound should be more than sufficient.

Onboard sound?!?! *throws hissy fit*

At least get a cheap Soundblaster Live... or maybe an Audigy 2. Get some good speakers to go with it.

Hello xParagonx,

I am new to this and will let the others offer hardware advice, but one good piece of advice I got was dont skimp on a couple of things that will last you awhile. A good quality power supply OCZ, Antec,etc... and a nice case with good cooling. These things will last you a few years while hardware will come and go..

Good luck with your decision

ezrider said:
Hello xParagonx,

I am new to this and will let the others offer hardware advice, but one good piece of advice I got was dont skimp on a couple of things that will last you awhile. A good quality power supply OCZ, Antec,etc... and a nice case with good cooling. These things will last you a few years while hardware will come and go..

Good luck with your decision

Good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom