gaming only for the rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pts2800

In Runtime
well what i have been noticing for the best PC is that the price goes up about $500-$1000 every year, do you think there will be a time where only the rich can play games at max settings?

well i am willing to bet that the gaming industry will be almost dead in about 5 years for PC gaming, maybe concial gaming, unless they find a way to make stuff cheeper.

I agree, many people don't have enough money to spend over $1500 to play Crysis or something. They also need to make the prices cheaper, GPU's are easily $300-600 for good ones, thats just, crazy.

No, anyone can afford a good pc if they really want it. ****, I'm only your average teenager and I saved up for 3 years before I bought my pc. It just depends how badly you want one.

Think about it a little bit. A gaming computer isn't really THAT much money. for $1500 you can build a PC that will run anything on the market pretty much maxed out. With overclocking you can make that PC last for 3-4 years and still play anything you want to.

If you can't afford to spend $1500 every 3-4 years for a new PC or an upgrade, than you really have no business playing video games to begin with. The only people that I know who are unable to afford a PC are most of my friends who are in college.

As far as the prices raising....I really don't know what you are talking about. Two years ago I built my first gaming PC for about $1500 after I graduated from High School. Now I am building a better PC for $1500 dollars again...while the components I used before would only cost me like $750 total. The prices aren't raising...they're actually getting lower. If you were to build a computer 2 years ago that would perform as well as a PC with a Q6600 and an 8800 than it would have cost you a TON of money.

well i am willing to bet that the gaming industry will be almost dead in about 5 years for PC gaming, maybe concial gaming, unless they find a way to make stuff cheeper.

lol gaming being dead in 5 years? do you have any idea how much revenue the gaming industry takes in?

Anyone who works a decent job can afford a good gaming PC.

Its mostly Highschool kids with no job that can't afford anything.

$2000 isn't alot of money.

well what i have been noticing for the best PC is that the price goes up about $500-$1000 every year, do you think there will be a time where only the rich can play games at max settings?

i dont necessarily find that true. sure if you want to play crysis at max settings you might have to, but thats just one game.

about 4 years ago i spent a little over $1400 on a gaming rig that today can still max at games like CSS and a few of the lesser demanding games at 1280x1024. here's the breakdown:
AMD 64 3200+ Sk 754 - $ 309
Asus Board (dont remember model #) - $150
6800GT - ~$400
1GB corsair DDR 400 - ~$200
and of course HDD's, case, and stuff like that.

and at the time i built it, it could max every game out there bf1942, all of steam games, call of duty, **** it even plays BF2 pretty much maxed out at 1280x1024.

today, 4 years later, you can spend $1300-1500 on a really good computer and max out pretty much every game. so im not exactly sure i see your point.

and just in case you were wondering here's a build that costs roughly in that price range that will do the job..

e8400/q6600 - $220/$260
asus p5k - $130
2gb crucials - $50 AMIR
TT120 - $60
8800gts 512 - $300 AMIR
500gb WD - $110
2x DVD burners - $60
nice case - $150
520W corsair - $120

thats still only +-$1300.....

Status
Not open for further replies.