Gaming Mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
after fiddling with the g9x on one of best buy computers (i love just messing with their equipment; half the people there don't have a clue how to wire or set up anything) I found it hard to tell much of a difference on their $1200 i7 set up on a nicer Samsung monitor, with that said I do love buttons and the G9x had plenty of em :p the Lachesis also caught my attention, I'd say it's really just a personal taste in choosing between the higher end mice though

^my point exactly, im not sure if he was saying that was fast, or was saying that the mouse is good when used on a fast setting but he uses 800dpi.

I've never really understood why you'd want a low sensitivity. It just means you have to drag your mouse further to do the same thing.
I mean, if you really wanted a slower movement, you can still use a high DPI mouse, and just set software sensitivity lower. That would still be more accurate.

lowering your sensi in windows or software causes negative acceleration, so your aim is less consistant, and people who use lower DPI usually have better aim than higher sensitivity people due to the fact that its more precise, just look at the top CSS players, i can guarentee that nearly all of them use low sensitivity and will take atleast ~15cm to do a 180, some a little less, some more, i know a cod4 player who takes 25cm to do a 180, and hes probly the best sniper in cod4 and most respected player.

Stevy - 9Lives - TEK9 Networks

scroll down a bit to see the video, thats the guy that it takes 25cm for him to do a 180 spin.

^my point exactly, im not sure if he was saying that was fast, or was saying that the mouse is good when used on a fast setting but he uses 800dpi.

i dont consider 800 DPI to be fast compared to you guys, but everyone i know who plays cod4 at my level uses between 600 DPI and 1600 DPI, some go up to 2000 DPI but thats rare, i only know like 3 who use 2000DPI.

Verbatim Rapier V1 Laser.
I know that maybe these aren't as complete as a g7 or g9 can be but they do their job and price is great!
800 to 3200 dpi, you can change its weight, 9 buttons programmable with macros saved on the mouse. It stores 3 different configurations interchangeable with a button.
The V2 is about the same but has 7 buttons and stores 2 configs only.
Anyway they do their job well and the price is quite low (about 20 / 30 $).
here is the description
Rapier V1 Laser Gaming Mouse | Mice | Verbatim Europe - Data Storage, Computer & Imaging Consumables

i dont consider 800 DPI to be fast compared to you guys, but everyone i know who plays cod4 at my level uses between 600 DPI and 1600 DPI, some go up to 2000 DPI but thats rare, i only know like 3 who use 2000DPI.

I use my full 4000dpi :p.

lowering your sensi in windows or software causes negative acceleration, so your aim is less consistant, and people who use lower DPI usually have better aim than higher sensitivity people due to the fact that its more precise, just look at the top CSS players, i can guarentee that nearly all of them use low sensitivity and will take atleast ~15cm to do a 180, some a little less, some more, i know a cod4 player who takes 25cm to do a 180, and hes probly the best sniper in cod4 and most respected player.

Stevy - 9Lives - TEK9 Networks

scroll down a bit to see the video, thats the guy that it takes 25cm for him to do a 180 spin.

This is exactly right. I use full DPI on the mouse and sensi all the way low in games. It makes you so much better. Thats why they have what i consider the "Im a camper" mouse pads that are so large :laughing:

lowering your sensi in windows or software causes negative acceleration, so your aim is less consistant, and people who use lower DPI usually have better aim than higher sensitivity people due to the fact that its more precise
If the software algorithms are not very good, I can understand the former.
But the latter I don't buy at all. Lower DPI is less precise, because it isn't tracking as much detail of the surface.

Just about everybody I see or hear from that moves to a higher sensitivity mouse, will say that their accuracy improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom