Gaming Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobo and CPU
XFX nForce 680i LT SLI Motherboard CPU Bundle - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor 2.40GHz OEM in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

GPU: (I was going to buy Crysis anyways, so I might as well get this bundle)
EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS SSC Video Card - FREE Crysis PC Game, 640MB GDDR3, PCI Express, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, Video Card 640-P2-N829-A3 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca
Not sure if this card is better or worse then the g92 versions on Newegg?

RAM: I will get 2 sets of this for a total of 4GB
Crucial Ballistix Dual Channel 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz EPP Memory (2x 1024MB) BL2KIT12864AA804 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

How is that for a start? Basically I took your build suggestion but rather then the mobo bundle with the Corsair ram and then buying more ram seperately, I'll just get the bundle without the Corsair ram and get all Ballistix ram. I might ending up spending a bit more this way then I originally planned (especially if I still get a new widescreen monitor) but if it means a much better computer in the long run, I might just be willing to spend a few extra dollars.

And thanks for clearing that up about the PCIe 2.0 compatability.

no, don't get that gpu game bundle. you want the 8800gts 512 g92. 4 gb isn't necisary.

What exactly is the difference between the 8800GTS g92 and the 8800GTS SSC edition? My problem is that Newegg doesn't ship to Canada (I just looked into it) and that leaves me with just Tigerdirect which doesn't seem to have any g92 cards.

And the only reason I would buy that bundle is because I am planing to buy Crysis anyways.

that is good ram

the gpu needs to change tho get a 8800 gt g92, a good aftermarket cooler and overclock it and get way better performance than that one you have there

also use NICX

yea the G92 has faster clock speeds, mem speeds, and shader clocks... not to mention it allocates data packets more effiecntly

I've been looking through Tigerdirect and NCIX don't seem to have any of the g92 versions available, unless they just don't specifically mention it on there sites? Newegg is the only one that has cards that say g92 but I can't order from them.

most sites wont list the g92 part... the g92 are any 8800 with 512 mb of ram, just post what you want here and ill take a look at it and make sure it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom