Gaming Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger17

Beta member
I've had a hard time finding the right laptop for the right price. Here are the specs:

Windows XP Pro
Intel Core Duo processor T2500 (2.0 GHz)
17.0" WSXGA+ BrightView Widescreen (1680x1050)
256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 (I really dont know if this graphics card is good or not because it is really hard to find reviews for it)
1.0GB DDR2 SDRAM (2x512MB)
100 GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
Super Multi 8X DVD+/-R/RW w/Double Layer Support
Two 8 cell lithium batteries

I'd really like to game with this if possible. Would it be possible to run a game say like the new ghost recon, or a game like oblivion with this laptop? I'd like to be able to run it at its native resolution and have most graphics settings on high. If a computer like this cant run games like those two stated above, what should I upgrade and why? Thanks!
Oh by the way, the computer I'm buying is a HP dv8000t.

Upgrade HD indeed, and about the graphic card, its alright.... will run most games on medium settings and such... but i'd suggest higher end card of that series if you can get one ;)
Oh and one other thing, is this v.card is AGP x8 or PCI-E X16?

laptops can have agp and pice?, anyway that video card will run graw just fine. med to high. on newegg, graw is packaged w/ that video card. how much for that setup. im looking to buy a laptop in the near future. where u get it at.

They ... don't work like that. And for gaming, you want a Geforce 7900GT GO at a minimum, that processor is fine, go with at least a 7200RPM HD and 1Gb of memory.

Brtnboarder495 said:
They ... don't work like that. And for gaming, you want a Geforce 7900GT GO at a minimum, that processor is fine, go with at least a 7200RPM HD and 1Gb of memory.

we're talking about laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom