gaming and home entertainment build

First problem, that PSU is terrible. Junk. Secondly, you don't need 1866 RAM. Any 8GB 1600 kit will work fine, the cheapest.

You couldn't find a PCI-E 3.0 AMD board because they don't exist. I highly suggest an i5 4460 and Asus H81 instead.

I'd also replace that Kingston SSD with a Samsung EVO.

Why the switch to intel? that motherboard is alot cheaper and doesnt have room for potential future upgrades, IE more ram SLI video cards(is this still a thing?)

Thanks for your advice

Well, if you stick with that PSU you won't be doing SLI anyways. It'll blow it up. Secondly, a single more powerful graphics card is typically always better unless you have just the budget. Third, it has enough potential, the first part being it's PCI-E 3.0, has native USB3/SATA3, and 2 slots doesn't matter if you get a single 8GB stick like you linked. The most you'll ever need in the DDR3 era is 16GB anyways. You also don't have to get a cheap H81 board, it was just a suggestion. If you were willing spend 150 on a 'decent' AMD motherboard then 150 or more on a Z97 ASRock will blow any AMD option out of the water.

Finally, the switch to Intel simply because it's smart. Less heat, less power usage, better gaming performance.

Back
Top Bottom