Gaming Desktop, good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't buy that computer from eBay for the following reasons:

CPU AMD Athlon X2 6000+ Dual Core Processor @ 3.1GHZ Per core
clearly trying to rip off people that aren't familiar with technicalities of hardware...or they are too stupid to know the difference themselves. Either way, it shows you don't want to do business with them.
Motherboard ABIT AN-M2 AM2 Motherboard
Abit doesn't make boards any more, so not sure what kind of tech support or warranty you would get out of it. This eBay seller sure the **** isn't going to support it.
Video Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 512MB DDR3 256-BIT PCI EXPRESS Video Card Play any game with great frame rates!!!
While this is a good card it is a bit outdated now. $525 seems a bit much for this build.

Thanks so much synergy for responding very helpful having someone know what there talking about like the other fellers who helped aswell.

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 (Quad Core) 1333FSB 45nm
CPU Fan: Intel Heavy Duty Cooling Fan With Heat Sink
Motherboard: Biostar P43D2-A7 up to 1600 FSB
Memory: 8GB DDR2 667 PC5300 RAM
Video: nVidia 9400GT 1GB 16xPCI Express ( VGA, DVI & TV out)
Hard drive: 500GB 7200RPM SATA2
CD/DVD drive: 20x DVD +RW /-RW drive (DVD-burner drive)
Sound: 5.1 Full duplex 3D onboard sound
Network: 10/100/1000 RJ45 onboard network (Ethernet, cable or DSL)
Ports: Six USB 2.0 ports
Case: Black Neon Case with front USB and Side Window
Keyboard: Black Windows 104 keys PS2
Mouse: Black 2 button PS2 scroll mouse
Speakers: Black Multimedia Amplified Stereo Speakers

Software:

All driver disks and manuals are included.

Windows Vista is installed for testing purposes only

and then removed prior to shipping.

System comes ready to load any OS (Win XP or Vista)

Operating systems:

This System does not include an Operating System, and most computers on eBay don't. That's why we are offering a great deal on Windows XP and Vista.

Click here to check price and availability for: Windows OS

System Condition:
All component are brand new. System is completely assembled and tested.

Warranty:
3 Year Limited with Lifetime toll free Technical support.

How about that for 679.00 is that good deal?

oh lol. thanks thanks thanks sooo much muffin for this.. so this is all I need for a working gaming desktop?

well, the first one you put up was like $530, so i listed a build around that price. for $679, theres more room for some even better parts, so its up to you. how much do you wanna spend?

Well I just want to be able to run WOW at top graphics and to not go down to 10 FPS in the middle of an area where there are alot of affects.

I dont know how much I would spend to do so, hopefully the one you listed for 500 dollars would be good enough though.

Right now I only have 250 dollars, but I'm probably going to sell my 2nd xbox with some games for 200 dollars and Maybe my laptop or something to get enough.. I have a XPSM1530

Exactly. Nice build muffin man put together though. If you can squeeze out 680 like you did for the other build you can get a significantly better rig though.

Right. 8 GB of RAM is worthless. The Q9400 is a good processor, but the rest was just fluff. That's the problem with eBay: all the vendors make their computers sound amazing and look amazing with fancy pictures, but it's just crap parts usually. They certainly cut corners where the most crucial parts are. A classic example is the power supply and motherboard.

That PC Muffin spec'd out would be great for you and you could play WoW as desired. Are you familiar at all with building computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom