Gaming desktop ~2000 - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Gaming desktop ~2000

Ended up deciding on the Corsair 600T, the side panel is very sleek and I really needed all that room trying to run the wires. I'm still not sure I have everything plugged in from the tower itself. All of the fans are spinning but I have probably 4 3 slot connectors, sort of like the case fans and a larger skinny 4 pronged connector. I took some pictures as I went, crummy quality on my cellphone, I'll try to get thom posted tomorrow if I can figure out how to include them in a post.

I do have to say that mobo required way more force than I was comfortable applying in order to lock the CPU in. I spent probably an hour searching to see if the arm was broken but apparently it was designed to require the excessive force. Still was scary hearing a crunching sound as I forced the lever down.

I don't think I would have been able to install that heatsink without YouTube either, the directions are useless if you're new. Apart from that everything went smooth, all the wiring was the hardest part.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #22 (permalink)
Newb Techie

This is the best I can get from my phone. I hope they aren't too large when this posts. My phone is on it's last legs, using it is getting to be a hassle.

Edit - the interior shots are before it was completed, just fyi.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Lord of Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketlips View Post
I have probably 4 3 slot connectors, sort of like the case fans and a larger skinny 4 pronged connector.
If they're coming from the front panel it may be for the fan controller?

Quote:
I hope they aren't too large when this posts.
Quite the opposite actually, still work though.

Quote:
Edit - the interior shots are before it was completed, just fyi.
Looks like the closed case still has wires running across the side window.
When you have some free time I would definitely do some cable management work.
While I wouldn't expect it to come out looking like this, it should be close:

i5 3570k | 8GB G.Skill 1600MHz | R9 290 | SeaSonic 750X
Old 01-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I'll try to take some better pictures after I work on my cord management. The fan controller does not seem to be working, although I'm not sure which fans it controls, assuming the case fans, but I can't locate anywhere on the mobo for the extra plugs. The sysfan slots are taken by the three case fans and the heatsink fan. The fourth plug, coming from the case, looks like the floppy disk connections that came with the power supply.

Those pictures came out alot smaller than when I previewed the post, I must of pasted the wrong links, they look like thumbnails.

Edit - in the picture you linked above; are those dual graphics cards with the sli between them?
Old 01-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
Lord of Bacon

Quote:
The fan controller does not seem to be working, although I'm not sure which fans it controls. The fourth plug, coming from the case, looks like the floppy disk connections that came with the power supply.
Here is a link to the Corsair 600T product page (link).
On the left side click on FAQs & Support, the first article is a video showing you how to setup the fan controller.

Quote:
in the picture you linked above; are those dual graphics cards with the sli between them?
Yes.

i5 3570k | 8GB G.Skill 1600MHz | R9 290 | SeaSonic 750X
Closed Thread