Gaming CPU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdeadweightxx

In Runtime
I am planning on building my first computer very soon but i still am having trouble deciding on which AMD processor I want to purchase. I am big into gaming and want one that will run the latest games
with little or no problem. I am on a budget though and dont want to spent more than $200 (im 16). I was thinking about getting this one-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103535
but I wanted to get your opinions first before I make this purchase.

Btw, i will be posting my build parts soon just to see what you guys think and if yall have any suggestions or advice (trust me, imma need them!).

THX!

yeah thats a good cpu to go with. i would recomend that you take careful concideration in your motherboard. make sure it uses pci express and not agp, it uses SATA and not standard ide, and that is has plenty of slots and plugs for expansion. that way you wont need to buy a new machine for a few years, instead you just upgrade you components.

I have an Opteron 146 and it's working great for me. I have it at 2.5ghz at stock voltage. I haven't went any higher because I haven't got around to trying and it doesn't really need it. It has the 1MB cache too so I recommend getting a 144 or 146 over the Athlon.

Opteron will overclock very nicely. The extra cache is a plus also.

Next time you ask for help on a specific item, you can simply list it in your post instead of linking it without saying what it is, as most of us here will know what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom