Gaming configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyBusiness

Baseband Member
This is the gaming configuration that I have chosen:-
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, 1GB RAM, 200GB Sata HDD, Ati Radeon X1550 512MB PCI-E graphic card, Ati Radeon Xpress 1100 chipset motherboard.

Is this ok for gaming?

Id get another gig of ram to make it 2 gigs and get a better graphics card, something like a X1950 or a 7900GT/7950GT if those are cheaper for you.

EDIT, what psu are you getting? this is very important aswell

Id get another gig of ram to make it 2 gigs and get a better graphics card, something like a X1950 or a 7900GT/7950GT if those are cheaper for you.

EDIT, what psu are you getting? this is very important aswell

Maybe 400W. What OS do u suggest:-
XP Home/Pro SP1/SP2?
Vista Basic/Premium/Ultimate?

Maybe 400W. What OS do u suggest:-
XP Home/Pro SP1/SP2?
Vista Basic/Premium/Ultimate?

The 500w one posted above would be fine, 400w would be pushing it and probably be underpowered.
Invisible, according to what ive red on this site the 8600 is no better than a 7600GT on DX9 games!? id go for a x1950 512mb or a 7950GT to be honest, they can both run pretty much all games on max settings.

And id get Windows xp, if you buy one now it should come with service pack 2 installed on the cd, but if it doesnt then you can download it for free via windows updates.
Vista is still too buggy and has issues with certain software/hardware, thats why i wouldnt bother with it yet.

For OS, definitely Windows XP Pro w/ sp2. Vista has too much overhead, any *unix OS you'll have to run an emulator just to run games (which will be even more overhead). XP Pro SP2 for sure.

M$ is trying to push VISTA only games on us, but they've all been hacked for XP within weeks of release anyways. Vista is the equivalent of Windows ME imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom