Gaming Computer Reviews Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordRion

Beta member
I want to build a gaming computer with a budget around $700. I already have a case, sound card, and dvd drives. I also have a 23inch 1920x1080 resolution monitor and I would like to be able to play the more graphic intensive games (Crysis, ModernWarfare 2, etc.) on this monitor with good results. My computer savvy friend put together the following build but I would like your opinions.
CPU
Graphics
Power Supply
Mobo
Ram
Hdd
The total of these parts comes to just $600 so I have room for an extra $100. I was thinking possibly upgrading the graphics to this card.

Please leave any feedback about where this build comes short and any problems or suggestions. Thank you for you time!

Why not get a 5830 = $239- $249 - as the first Card in your build was $120 and you said you have an extra $100. This way you are ready for Directx11 for just a little bit more. Similar performance ( specs) as the 4890, but ready for future games with the direct x11 as well. I am no expert and I am sure others with more knowledge will give opinions. - just a thought.

Why not get a 5830 = $239- $249 - as the first Card in your build was $120 and you said you have an extra $100. This way you are ready for Directx11 for just a little bit more. Similar performance ( specs) as the 4890, but ready for future games with the direct x11 as well. I am no expert and I am sure others with more knowledge will give opinions. - just a thought.

I agree. A 5830 will be around the same performance level as the 4890, but has DX11. I would take that approach if I were you. Other than that, the build looks good.

Is there any overclocking in the future? If so, a new CPU cooler may be something to look at. If it's a light overclock, the stock should be fine.

i agree, get a Dx11 card so your rig will last longer, at least with out you having to up grade in 6 months cause most of the games coming out then will be DX11 and you will want to play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom