Gaming Computer Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da11en47

In Runtime
I'm thinking about upgrading in the next month or two, with the dropping of prices. I currently own a Pentium 4, 3.2 ghz. I've heard that AMD will be dropping prices, and Im looking for a dual core system. I was thinking about the Athlon 64 X2 4400 or 4600.

I have a few questions. Basically Im an Pentium guy, would that processor blow my current one out of the water? Should I go with Pentiums Dual Cores (I've heard AMD are better for gaming) Will I have trouble with AMD software/hardware compared with Pentium? I mainly want this new computer for gaming, I also burn alot of DVD's.

AMD X2 4400 or 4600
2 GB of Ram
256 MB 7800 or 7900 Nvidia Graphics card

Would this setup have no problems running games on high? Thanks for any help.

Why don't you look at Conroe?? You can find all of the information about it by searching on TF. It blows AMD out of the water and is just a superior processor.

On the GPU, I would wait a while and get a G80 card by nVidia in Spetember or get a R600 card by ATI around November, because they will be DX10 compliant.

I know Conroe is going to be out, I just didnt want to spend too much money. I dont need the best stuff, I guess is what Im saying.

The Conroe E6600 is going to be just over $300. The 6300 is going to be under $200, and even that would easily beat the 4400+, even the 4800+

AMD athlon 64 x2 will do you fine, just get a decent graphics card and you can play any game;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom