Gaming computer with home theater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Where to start? Well now that I will have a full time job this summer and I already have enough money to get me a cheap first car when that time comes, I want to make my room more enjoyable. I currently have that computer in my comment that I play games on but recently I have spent less time on computer gaming and wanting to do other things. I still want to game but I want to build myself a better computer to game on as well as watch high quality movies and videos and listen to music as well. I started to clean out my room and move stuff around to get some ideas going. My first idea was to buy a new tv, preferably a new 32" lcd tv with dvi or hdmi ports. First question, does dvi carry sound like hdmi does and will I be able to use sound through my video card or will sound output be better from a x-fi card I was looking to buy. I then was thinking well since I want to get a big tv and I am going to be a decent distance away, why not get a surround sound setup. I was looking around at 5.1 and 7.1 setups and 7.1 prices seem a little to steep for me and my rooms to small to have 7 speakers, 5 is alot already (10x15ft room, lol). I noticed the z-5300 from logitech fit my needs. I then looked at wireless mice and keyboards and was wondering, should I go bluetooth or 2.4ghz wireless? I like the idea of bluetooth cause of syncing with my phone like the mx5000 keyboard but didnt notice any nice bluetooth mice. Would a 2.4ghz G7 be good? I will be gaming but not too much to complain about lag or any bs like that. The last thing was should I use my current desktop or build a media center desktop with a c2d, 2gb of some basic overclockable ram, and a 8800 gts? I want to be able to do some overclocking, no record breaking clock speeds, just incase I need a little more power. I figured a 500gb hd would be enough to hold alot of videos, music, movies, and w/e i record from the tv into my computer. I would like to have inputs for coaxial cable on my computer as well as maybe av inputs so I could get a tv signal to my pc. I want to have the surround sound hooked up to the computer as well as the tv. My budget for the computer, mouse, keyboard, lcd tv, and surround sound is $2000 with shipping before rebates if possible. Any more questions I have I will update the bottom of this post or if you need me to answer any questions, I will do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom