Gaming Computer Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lust4Hate

Beta member
Good evening techies!

I've got a computer atm that's being rigged for gaming. I'm looking to put the fastest cpu and best gpu i can in this thing. It has 3GB ram and ofc normal cooling fans. But i also want to know how to get a better cooling system?

Here's the statistic's below.

16lk4lw.jpg

I'm not sure what motherboard/chipset is has and i realize this will be needed. So here is the information i do have on it, as far as the motherboard model goes. Hope this is a helpful piece of information!

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P

What are you looking to play on it?

Couple of issues:
1) You're restricted to 4GB of DDR2 @ 1066 (1333 if you kind some ddr2 that is compatible, but its still a 32bit OS)
2) You're restricted to SATA. Slower transfer rates.
3) You're restricted to the previous generation of Intel CPUs. You can buy some quad cores in the old Yorkfield architecture, but against the new sandy bridge architecture, they lose ground.

In so far as GPU compatibility, I'm actually not sure. It looks to me like you drop anything you wanted in there... But don't quote me on that one :D

My advice would be to buy a new one. Your machine would have been good once upon a time. But tech moves so quick that once you get a little bit behind the ball, you're sunk....

if your wanting to play any of the latest games at high settings without lag i'd suggest thinking about getting a new build especially if you already are wanting to replace the CPU and GPU as it would increase your FPS rate by a huge amount and you probably could get a way with a new build to run games at a decent FPS rate for around 800 depending on how long you want it to last and what sort of FPS rate you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom