Gaming computer help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rilgas123

Beta member
Mostly, I play WoW, CSS, HL2, and various Steam games. I'm trying to put together a computer that can handle those games on max settings and still get a nice fps. So far, I have these.

Motherboard-Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Tower-Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Scorpio ATX-868WSP Silver 0.8mm SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420watts PS2 ATX12V Power Supply - Computer Cases

Processor and Vista-Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Already have the Nvidia 9800 GT graphics card atm.
Also, Already have monitor, mouse, keyboard.

I was wondering if any of you could come up with a Power Supply, Hard Drive, RAM, and DVD/CD Reader/Burner for as cheap as you can. I don't want them to completely suck though. Just a little better than good enough to run with the computer. All help and comments are welcome!
Please and thank you!

these are good

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

how much would that leave in your budget for a psu, because there are alot of choices depending on how much you wanna spend.

also, if you want, you can drop vista and download the windows 7 rc (64-bit) for free, then you can buy it when it comes out in october.

Windows 7 Release Candidate

lol why is everyone saying Windows 7?
Also, I was looking for a bit cheaper. But I suppose those will do.

Well I wouldn't recommend you get the cheapest components. If you skimp too much, you can suffer a lot with performance and/or quality.
That being said, it is entirely possible to get quite good components for pretty cheap, if you know what to look for.

In the case of the power supply, for example, the PC Power and Cooling (or a Corsair) will tend to last a lot longer than a cheaper one.

Well I wouldn't recommend you get the cheapest components. If you skimp too much, you can suffer a lot with performance and/or quality.
That being said, it is entirely possible to get quite good components for pretty cheap, if you know what to look for.

In the case of the power supply, for example, the PC Power and Cooling (or a Corsair) will tend to last a lot longer than a cheaper one.

Very true.. on the original version of the build I have, I went cheap on as much as possible, and ended up replacing 50% of the stuff I had bought on that rig (that'd be just the Motherboard) :D

The RC1 is free for a good bit of time, plus it'll be the new OS after October 22nd; so might as well get used to it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom