I'm building a gaming desktop on cyberpowerpc, and I have some questions. Keep in mind the most important thing for me in all of this is to have the best gaming performance possible, I want to be able to play the upcoming Battlefield 3 on Ultra High settings 1920x1080 resolution with zero lag! I just want to get some opinions before I make a big purchase.
Here is my starting point build I put together and the end price with a 5% off coupon was $1666 (includes shipping). http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DAGWP
Things I must have:
1. A graphics card that is amazing! I'm thinking dual cards or something with at least 1.5 GB DDR5 dedicated memory.
2. Solid State Hard Drive for the OS and my main games.
3. Was recommended to get a sandy bridge processor for optimal gaming performance.
1. Do you think cyberpowerpc is giving me a good deal or would something like buying the parts on newegg and gettin a tech friend to put it together a better option? (I'm open to newegg if they can give a better deal.)
2. Is investing in an extra case fan and noise reduction technology a good idea?
3. Do you suggest Upgrading the cooling fan or motherboard (needs to have USB 3.0) to something other than what I have chosen?
4. Do you have another suggestion on graphics card selection? I'm willing to switch to running two cards in SLi if you think that is better. (I'm willing to pay alittle more to upgrade the cards if you think it is necessary)
5. Do you suggest a different power supply?
6. Any other ways to improve this build or save money would be appreciated!
Starter Build Specs:
Intel Core i7-2600 3.40 GHz 8m Intel Smart Cache LGA1155
8GB DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Channel Memory
Motherboard: (SLI/CrossfireX) GigaByte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB 16x PCIe Video Card (EVGA Superclocked)
800 Watts - XtremeGear Gaming Power Supply
128 GB ADATA S501 V2 Sata 3 6.0G/s Gaming MLC Solid State Disk
1.5 TB Sata-II 3.0 Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD(data drive)
High Definition On-Board 7.1 Audio
PCI Wireless 802.11n 150Mbps NIC
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Planning on running a single 22-24 inch monitor.
The monitor I'm not worried about, I will choose their deal or get a discount since I work at Best Buy. Thank you for your time and help!