Gaming Computer Configurator (Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nderscore

In Runtime
Hey guys, I noticed that TF as a community receives computer build inquires daily; and the same parts are usually recommended. So, then came the idea of having an automatic configurator that gives a list of components suitable for a specified budget. Over the past week, my friend and I put together a program that we will like feedback on to make further improvements. Please note that this is still in beta and there will be bugs (e.g. triple sli 9600gso). After you download the program, make sure THE TEXT FILE IS ON THE DESKTOP or it will not work (haven't optimized the coding yet).

Download link below
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/wong14/GCb1/

First right click "parts.txt".
Save link as to desktop.
Finally save and open up the configurator.exe.

Thanks for trying out the program!

Yea, we thought of that during the process, and since the build list is generated from a text file it is quick and easy to upload new parts. So far what we are planning to implement in the next version are: hyperlinks to parts, probably make the case a drop down option because it is more of a subjective component, and a revised build order.

Well we even have the Recommended Hardware List.. but no new person ever bothered to look at it

Part of the reason this project was started was to provide a more friendly looking alternative to the recommended hardware list, because I feel a page with dozens of listed parts is overwhelming to a newcomer.

I think these are both handy because I'm in class right now and wouldn't wanna install and run a program, so I can look over the thread

but at home I can do a mixture of both

I think these are both handy because I'm in class right now and wouldn't wanna install and run a program, so I can look over the thread

but at home I can do a mixture of both

Haha, yea I was wondering if people would trust a random post/link to a download executable. Also, looking into ways of implementing this on a website so no shady downloading needed.

this is awesome, just some things like i did 1200 budget and said i should eg ta 780i xD, nvidia chipsets are not needed for single gpu config. maybe making this into a flash app with ability by mods/given members to alter recomendations by the program this could be a great idea. very good concept, well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom