gaming computer build, need input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerpintaxt

Solid State Member
first time I'm doing this on my own, been doing some research and bothering PZEROFGH with lots of questions, and I think I have a computer pieced together here... Box only, minus cd/dvd and burner which I already have.

case
Hard Drive
Mobo
GPU
PSU
Memory
CPU

input would be much appreciated. Recomendations/suggestions?
With taxes and s&h, this comes out to $1,079.94, a reasonable price I think.

I may be wrong, but I'm associating rosewill as a bad psu? (case has one included). I can't be too sure though, since it does have some pretty good reviews. Anyone else have more on it?

Hd's good. Seagate's my choice too ^.^

DFI lanparty... I've heard such good things about it, especially as an overclocking mobo, despite the few bad newegg reviews for that board

gfx card looks good

Psu.... why're you buying another when there's a 400w psu included in the case? :amazed: . Though chances are that antec blows the rosewill to bits. I'd suggest choose another case maybe rather than scratching the psu :)

Ram's good

cpu's good

Other than the power supply ordeal, that looks like a good quality system to me ^.^

Camden said:
I may be wrong, but I'm associating rosewill as a bad psu? (case has one included). I can't be too sure though, since it does have some pretty good reviews. Anyone else have more on it?

Hd's good. Seagate's my choice too ^.^

DFI lanparty... I've heard such good things about it, especially as an overclocking mobo, despite the few bad newegg reviews for that board

gfx card looks good

Psu.... why're you buying another when there's a 400w psu included in the case? :amazed: . Though chances are that antec blows the rosewill to bits. I'd suggest choose another case maybe rather than scratching the psu :)

Ram's good

cpu's good

Other than the power supply ordeal, that looks like a good quality system to me ^.^

I've heard that PSU's included with the case are almost always on the shady side, and been told that if you want a good and relaible PSU you're gona have to fork over the extra dollars. I was just planning on swapping.

If anyone, however, knows of a good case + PSU combo then by all means link it to me, I'm very eager to see :)

For PSU, look at fortron, Zippy, they are very strong and solid PSUs.

CPU, you can go for an opteron 146/148, and overclock it. It will hit 2.8 guarentied, will hit 3 with good cooling.

RAM, go for some G.Skill, or geil or you can even go with some ocz el plat rev2. The 2 first are better choices though. Good overclocking capability.

Rest look good.

CrimsonGX said:
I'd stay away from Thermaltake and Aspire Power supplies, Antec Case/PSU combos are decent.

thermal take cases are ok...but i would go antec for the psu :)

The case is transparent, which is always cool.

I think the HDD is too small, but I have A LOT of movies in mine so I'm not the best to answer that.

MoBo is fine, not the best but not the worst.

The videocard is good if you're on a tight budget, but if you're really dedicated you could do so much better than this.

Bah, not even going to talk about the PSU.

RAM is fine, Corsair is good.

For the tight budget you seem to have, the processor is good.

Slightly above average set-up, but not a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom