Gaming computer advice...

Bennybo

Beta member
Hello. I'm looking to buy the parts for a new computer and build it myself. I have quite a variable budget as I've been saving for ages, so basically I'm looking for advice on what components to purchase for a potent gaming computer for around the £1000 mark.

Thanks for all the help in advance, Ben.

I really just want it to play video games at maximum setting along with internet browsing etc.

I'm very inexperienced in building computers, but I'm really interested to learn and this is partly why I've opted to build it myself. Because of this I've never bought computer parts online, so don't really have a preference. From what I've read Newegg is very popular, but they don't ship to the UK if I'm correct. I've also heard that Overclockers and Scan are popular suppliers, but again I've never used them, so I couldn't comment.

Thanks for the very swift reply!

Ben.

I have both a mouse and a keyboard already thanks, but if it's no trouble could you include a monitor and OS? Also, I'm willing to push the budget up a little so that including these doesn't compromise a good build.

Thanks, Ben.

Thanks very much! A few questions...

1) How loud would this computer be?
2) Do I need a CPU cooler, or is that only for even more demanding computers?
3) If I only installed the SSD, I could install the hard drive at a later date, right?

4) The most important question: If I increased my budget to ~£1200, what changed would you make the the build? I'd just like to see so that I can make an informed decision.

Thanks again, Ben.

1: Not very loud actually. At all stock the fans shouldn't ramp up much.
2: The CPU comes with a stock cooler. It has preapplied paste and you just put the cooler on and go.
3: You install the SSD and HDD at the same time. You install the OS, browser, some games, other programs that require speed on it and use the HDD for storage and larger programs. The HDD isn't needed, I just add one for people who might want some extra space.
4: Only thing I would change is swap the GPU to a 670. Or if you wanted a bigger SSD change to the 256GB version of the one I linked. You could get a different case if you like. Basic parts I would keep the same. If you wanted to get OCD with cable management get the HX version of that PSU.

Back
Top Bottom