Gaming Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

difaz1203

Beta member
How does this look for a gaming comp. Mainly a wow player and i know it isn't a graphic demanding game, but i hope my fps will be high, during raiding and with high settings (1920, 1200), with this rig. How would this comp match up to crysis? Let me know what you think about it, thanks. (it has already been ordered, wish i went with the single 5870 graphics card but i cannot redo, so please just comment on these specs:smile: )

Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz (8MB Cache)
4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz (2x2)
Dual ATI Radeon HD 5670, 1GB GDDR5 (crossfire)
1TB - SATA-II, 3Gb/s, 7,200RPM, 32MB Cache HDD
Dell ST Series ST2310 23"W Full HD Monitor, 23.0 VIS
High-Performance Liquid Cooling
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

First, if you had questions or concerns i would have posted here before spending alot of money on a high end computer. That being said, It will be a great running machine, those are all pretty decently fast parts and with the crossfire you will have no trouble playing crysis on full settings. Why would you rather have one card instead of two?? Im guessing this is a prebuilt computer aswell?

I really wish i had posted on forums and done a little more research prior to ordering. I ordered it on impulse and its now in production so theres no going back. I just wanted some clarification to ease my mind i guess, after reading some not so good reviews about the 5670 card, and that wow does not support crossfire. I know its horrible to spend this money and to not have done the research and such but it is what it is. Didn't mean to offend anybody, idk why someone wrote to ignore me, im a comp newb, sorry.
thanks for the response Hm, glad to hear it will be able to handle crysis and that you think it will run great. :)

and yes its prebuilt, the alienware aurora model( dont hate), i kno i could have gotten the parts for much cheaper, but the case is so cool, lolol.

Well, WOW may not support crossfire but many other games do. Besides, WOW will still play on your rig regardless, just disable corssfire before you play. No they arent the most powerful cards out there, but two crossfire in conjunction with your other parts will play games great. And, you can always upgrade them later.

I think farinha was not trying to say ignore you, but rather he posted something and decided to edit it back(cant delete posts, only edit) So he was saying ignore his post.

Also, you probably paid way more then you should have for this computer, so next time do some research on parts or post here, and you will be getting a way better deal. Take some pics though of the innards when you get it, im curious to see what dell has done with alienware's water cooling( it used to be ****ty).

Thank you very much for the feedback, very happy to hear you say what you did about the system. ill just disable the crossfire as you said before playing wow. i see what farinha did now as well, thanks for pointing that out. Ill get those pics up wen it arrives, thanks again:big_smile:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom