Gaming build - opinions plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperXMega

Baseband Member
Hello all, hows it going. I'm preparing a soon to be build approx. 1 month from now, i know prices and new things may come out but i would like to know how things are with what i've come up with so far. My range is about $1600 usd and maybe can squeeze 1700. Leme know if compatibility and everything works and if any bottlenecks may exist etc. Thanks in advance.

1.)cpu- Amd Athlon 64 X2 3800 / $322
2.)mobo- DFI Lanparty nF4 sli-DR / $189
3.)video card- Nvidia eVGA 7800GT / $329
4.)ram - oCZ Gold 2 x1gb PC 4000 / $309
5.)speakers- Logitech z5500 5.1 / $220
6.)hd - Seagate Barracuda 250gb 7200 rpm 8mb ata / $110
7.)dvd-rw cd-rw burner reader ; the works - suggestions?
8.)sound card - Audigy Z2/ $55
9.)case / 50
10.) psu - suggestions??

Total without psu and dvd-cd $1584
Suggestions , recommendiations, opinions, plz!

X2's are dual cores.. if your gaming, ditch it because games use one core and one core only. if your multitasking, thats when the dual cores come into play

untrue !!!! games that were scripted PROIR to the technology of X2's only use one core yes ! however X2's and other dual cores will soon become the future of games as different cores can be given to perform different tasks, i have a X2 3800 and i absolutly love it, would never go back to a single core CPU, i also believe games are already being written to incorporate both cores eg: FEAR and i believe the new unreal engine will too along with the script for PhysX cards.

to cut a long story short.....nice build, stick with the X2 and GREAT video card, i have the MSI 7800GTX and it is truly amazing.

lol static :laughing:

get an antec neohe 500W power supply for around 100 dollars at newegg :D

ok...a couple of suggestions

do u really need those speakers?? sorta expensive, i think, get klipsches 2.1 system for ~130 (just as good as 5500), and spend wut u save on an X-Fi sound card or a better case

no point in spending all that cash on the DR mobo, at least drop down to get the UT version or the SLI-D, its cheaper with crap functions u dont need eliminated

for psu, look at antec's 550 watter and seasonic's 600 or 650 watt supply

everyting else looks good, that is going to be a nice system, have fun with dat

Thank you all for your recomendiations, you guys have been very helpful! One more question, i'm having some doubts about Video card because of all the talk of PhysX. I really want to take advantage of that technology, should i wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom