Gaming Build- need to shave $300 off - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2005, 02:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I've heard a lot of good things about this monitor

Old 12-05-2005, 03:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via AIM to PZEROFGH

im selling a 17" LCD monitor for 180 dollars PM me or IM me if you are interested ( AIM = pzerofgh)

AIM/Xfire - pzerofgh
Old 12-05-2005, 08:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

If I were you... I spend a few weeks roaming the college campus collecting bottles and cans... After that time... you'll certainly have the extra $300.00 you need to complete $1300

$300.00 / .05 = 6000 cans or bottles. 6000 / 30 days = 200 per day

You'd need to collect 200 bottles and cans a day to reach your goal.

At college that is really easy to do...

OR - you can do what we did in college:

(2) Hot Senior Chicks or Strippers
Watered down alcohol
$10 admission and the door
(100) Horny freshman guys

(1) long chick on chick makeout session

Give each girl $250 and keep the $500 for yourself.
Some of that money will go to watered down alcohol and paying off the RA's on duty. Also a small fraction may go to flyers or word of mouth advertising....

You could easily make $300 on a sweet party like that...
Old 12-06-2005, 11:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Newb Techie

ROFL now thats an idea...actually one of my friends got selected to go on an aids-tanzania trip, and one of the fundraisers to defer the cost was a party labeled "alcohol 4 aids"

lol it was priceless, 5 bucks for all you can drink, granted they didnt provide any "entertainment" but they made out with a net profit of $420...pretty good idea if you ask me, especially for a fundraiser...who doesn't love all you can drink with no one to hassle you?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to MrZucchiniHead

Originally posted by baronvongogo
Id get rid of the LCD and get a good old CRT a lot cheaper and IMO better for games. Could also cut the graphics card down to 6800GT, Or shave a little off by getting a cheaper motherboard from Gigabyte there very reliable. And your buying a dvd rom and burner? why not 1 just 1 drive that can read and burn save some money there too.
Yeah i agree with everything exept the 6800GT thing the 6800Gs is about 50$ cheaper than the GT. and yeah just get the Lite-on DVD-RW drive cause you dont need 2. and you can get a good 19' CRT monitor for the price of your LCD but if your trying to save just go with a good 17' CRT and 15' arent bad for games there just really small and i hate mine. And 1 last thing Keep the MSI mobo its one of the best out there at a reasonably good price. and if you can find a mobo with dual ethernet ports like a DFI lan Party you might save by dropping the 2 network cards but im not very good with networking so talk to someone else about that.

add about 120 for a good 17' CRT=1180-22(dvd-rom)=1158

Closed Thread