Gaming Build - Give Feedback Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ somethings wrong with your links.

whats your budget for your build? are you going to be including an OS with that also?

as it is right now, id change a couple things like...

the psu. i would switch to either this one which is cheaper but is not modualar
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
or this one which costs a little more, but is modular.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
both are from great brands and would support dual gfx cards as a future upgrade.

i see that you have a velociraptor and a 1tb, so im assuming that you want to use the raptor as your OS drive. if would look into getting an ssd (solid state disk), which are faster, than a raptor.

and switch your optical drive to a sata one so you wont have to deal with those ide cables.

well, im not really familiar with what the universal connections are, but from the looks of it, it just looks like you can connect any connection into any socket on the psu itself, which IMO isnt reason enough to pick it over the corsair ( a regular modular psu should work pretty similarly), considering that kingwin is on TF's power supply brands to avoid list. http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/read-first-power-supply-guide-167793/

with a budget like yours though, im sure you could squeeze in the faster i7 920 and possibly a 5870 instead, your call though.

a. strongly suggest you have more than 2 gb of RAM
take a look at this set
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

b. dvd drives are so far advanced, you don't need a plextor drive.
any other (cheaper) reputable brand is fine

c. "universal connectors" what does that even mean? :confused:

d. I am not familiar with SSD's myself either, but I've heard great things about SSD's with the indilinx controller, that controller supposedly is second to Intel's controller. find out what that kingston's controller is before you purchase...... if it's a micron, avoid at all costs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom