Gaming Build - Final - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 03:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

Your fine, OCZ PSU's are better but more expensive, OCZ are probolly second best manafactuer.

Old 09-24-2005, 03:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Yeah, I was looking at the OCZ PSU's on newegg and neither one of the 520W ones have dual +12V. Isn't that a feature that you need on a high end PSU?

Old 09-24-2005, 03:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Yeah, I was looking at the OCZ PSU's on newegg and neither one of the 520W ones have dual +12V. Isn't that a feature that you need on a high end PSU?
I read somwhere that a single 12v that gets 30-38A@12v are supposed to be better for ocing. I don't know much about power supplies though.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Well as long as the Antec is good for OCing too then I don't care.

I'm thinking about getting a Zalman CNPS9500 HSF for OCing purposes but I'm not sure if I want to get it right away. Can I remove the stock hsf later and replace it with the Zalman if I want? The stock hsf will have thermal grease on it but can that be removed?
Old 09-24-2005, 04:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
I'm thinking about getting a Zalman CNPS9500 HSF for OCing purposes but I'm not sure if I want to get it right away. Can I remove the stock hsf later and replace it with the Zalman if I want? The stock hsf will have thermal grease on it but can that be removed?
You can remove the stock hsf and replace it anytime you want. Thermal compounds can always be removed, just use like 90%+ alcohol and a coffee filter. Although there is still grease I think in the micro canyons of the chip that will still be there, but artic silver has a cleaner product to take care of that. It would be easier to get the zalman first, but its not gonna be hard at all to get it later so if you want to wait and put off getting a better hsf then by all means put it off until you want to OC it.

Closed Thread