Gaming on a budget - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2008, 06:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Re: Gaming on a budget

Under the PSU Guide it says 'ThermalTake (ToughPower Line Only)'. Anyone know why?? I know that is a good line - i have no idea about any other lines they have...

Old 10-22-2008, 12:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Redmo0n

Yeh there are a few different types. I think the one i have is suppost to be generic, but my friend was saying something about them being good or something or other.

I find people on tech forums over do it on power supply's, I mean I'm not gonna run quadfire on my 430w, but my friend can run his 4850 and theres a member on this forum with Sli 8800gs or 8800gt's and he runs of his 380w antec (even though the earthwatts are really good).

Edit: X-bit labs - Roundup: 14 Power Supply Units from Thermaltake (page 18)

They give it a pretty bad review. Personally i can't complain, its been running strong for 2 years now. Also I'll point out that the price of "$45 or even more" is rubbish or was the old old price. In Aus they have them on sale for between $25-$35, so America must have cheaper/similar.

Back to stay?
Old 10-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to Brtnboarder495

does he have the other components already? that's half a computer..

Closed Thread