Gaming 3D

x7007

Beta member
Hi, i have philips 7007 40" 3D Tv.

And my cpu currently is weak for games even for normal gaming Q6600.

Now what I wanted is to wait for Haswell, but we all don't know what will the price be.

The question is if it's too expensive anyway, then it doesn't worth it because it doesn't gain alot of performance for gaming, just better inside gpu processor and new instructions FMA3 and such.

Now would replacing CPU be enough for 3D gaming or will I really need CROSSFIRE to play normally ? I do have 7970 Radeon.

I've found a really cheap I3770 for 299$ that store in israel sell in ebay, compare to shops that sell person to person for 370$.

I would really appreciate for fast answer cause it's a bid deal so I don't know if there will be more, I'm sure I saw it running for couple days already, but if that's the price I want to finish it.

And which motherboard should I buy too ? Asus Msi ? I don't need something with everything, I have good Asus Xonar Phoebus sound card, and I just want support for CROSSFIRe, I mean what is the difference between all the chips and mother boards ?

Hi, i have philips 7007 40" 3D Tv.

And my cpu currently is weak for games even for normal gaming Q6600.

Now what I wanted is to wait for Haswell, but we all don't know what will the price be.

The question is if it's too expensive anyway, then it doesn't worth it because it doesn't gain alot of performance for gaming, just better inside gpu processor and new instructions FMA3 and such.

Now would replacing CPU be enough for 3D gaming or will I really need CROSSFIRE to play normally ? I do have 7970 Radeon.

I've found a really cheap I3770 for 299$ that store in israel sell in ebay, compare to shops that sell person to person for 370$.

I would really appreciate for fast answer cause it's a bid deal so I don't know if there will be more, I'm sure I saw it running for couple days already, but if that's the price I want to finish it.

And which motherboard should I buy too ? Asus Msi ? I don't need something with everything, I have good Asus Xonar Phoebus sound card, and I just want support for CROSSFIRe, I mean what is the difference between all the chips and mother boards ?
You would do good with a 3570k. ASRock or Asus motherboard, and a Z77 chipset.

haswell will be within 10% of the cost of current gen cpus, just like the last 3 generations.
SB was a huge leap over first gen.

Back
Top Bottom