Gamer for simpleton under $1000 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Gamer for simpleton under $1000

I am not literate on the best video cards, graphics cards etc. The Core i7 looks great, but is the Core 5 dual Q something good enough? Is AMD good for future upgrades? I do not do on-line spend all my time dead type gaming, but I do like to hunt monsters. My gaming is not sophisticated enough to require the highest level of equipment, but I still need FAST. I am hoping you extremely knowlegeable gamers can recommend something for me. My head is spinning with all the research. I have a techie in the family that can build me one if there isn't something ready made on the market. The family techie goes so far over my head with choices that I am totally confused what to do. He is not a gamer. Thank you for any help!!!

Old 12-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Do not Stare at my Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Ste
Default Re: Gamer for simpleton under $1000

Do you also need monitor, keyboard/mouse and speakers?

POwer supply: - Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Video card:

Dvd Burner:

Case: Your choice so long as it is ATX full tower, no power supply included, comes with at least two fans.

Above not including case, monitor, keyboard, mouse or speakers comes to about 965.

So, downgrades will happen if you need those items.
Closed Thread