Gamer and multitasking PC

I have an HX850 and it for sure is not CWT. The V2 850s are CWT. The V1 and V2 TX650 is Seasonic. The TX650-C was CWT, but you can't find anymore of those.

HX 850 v1 and v2 are both CWT designs.
Corsair Professional Series HX850 Power Supply Review - A look inside the Corsair HX850 PSU - Legit Reviews
Corsair HX850 V2 850 W Review | techPowerUp
have you seen a picture of the inside? (picture of the v2 hx850) see the printing on the green label?

But I am sure their reviews probably don't mean much to you. Johnnyguru and hardwaresecrets with their professional PSU testing hardware shows some Rosewill units are actually good. But you still say they are all crap ;)

Last edited:
I have taken mine apart, I can assure you it isn't CWT.

Johnny's article was written in September of this year, TPU in July meaning both units will be the V2. My unit was purchased by the original owner in 2011 and handed off to me in Feb of this year meaning it isn't a V2 and is a Seasonic unit. As I had stated in my sentence you quoted, the V2 is CWT I do not link anybody to that model. The TX650 is still made by Seasonic.
I know what I'm talking about man. Anybody wanting or actually needing 850w I send them to the AX instead.

I have taken mine apart, I can assure you it isn't CWT.

Johnny's article was written in September of this year, TPU in July meaning both units will be the V2. My unit was purchased by the original owner in 2011 and handed off to me in Feb of this year meaning it isn't a V2 and is a Seasonic unit. As I had stated in my sentence you quoted, the V2 is CWT I do not link anybody to that model. The TX650 is still made by Seasonic.
I know what I'm talking about man. Anybody wanting or actually needing 850w I send them to the AX instead.

you may be in for a shock.

I didn't even link Johnnyguru's review in my previous post?
but I will now!
HX850 v1 exterior - CWT sticker - review written in June 2009

HX850 v2 exterior I am sure you can spot the difference. v2 units has this grille like grooves on the exterior whereas v1 does not. (CWT sticker again review written mere 3-4 months ago)

CWT makes most of the Corsair's TX and HX lineup.
some google (I lied, a lot of googling) results:
Code:
CX series
Cheap, budget-oriented units. Fixed cables, rated at 30-40C, mixed Japanese and Taiwanese caps, 80+, 2-3 year warranty. CWT made ones are overrated.

CX400 - SeaSonic S12II
CX430 - CWT DSA 380W
CX500 - CWT DSA 430W
CX600 - CWT DSA 500W

GS series
"Gamer series", fixed cables, blue LED fan, rated at 40C, mixed Japanese and Taiwanese caps, 80+, 3 year warranty.

GS600 - CWT PSHII 
GS700 - CWT PSHII 
GS800 - CWT PSHII 

VX series
Mid-range enthusiast units, fixed cables, rated at 50C, Japanese caps, 80+, 5 year warranty.

VX450 - SeaSonic S12II
VX550 - CWT PSH

TX series
Mid-range enthusiast units, fixed cables, rated at 50C, Japanese caps, 80+ or 80+ bronze, 5 year warranty.

TX650 - SeaSonic S12
TX650-C - CWT PSHII
TX750 - CWT PSH
TX850 - CWT PSH
TX950 - CWT DSG

HX (original) series
Mid-range enthusiast units, modular cables, rated at 50C, Japanese caps, 80+, 5 year warranty.

HX450 - SeaSonic S12II 
HX520 - SeaSonic S12
HX620 - SeaSonic S12
HX1000 - CWT PUC

HX (new) series
High-end enthusiast units, modular cables, rated at 50C, Japanese caps, 80+ bronze or silver, 7 year warranty.

HX650 - SeaSonic S12E
HX750 - CWT DSG
HX850 - CWT DSG

AX series
Extremely high-end enthusiast units, fully modular cables, rated at 50C, Japanese caps, 80+ gold, 7 year warranty

AX750 - SeaSonic X 
AX850 - SeaSonic X 
AX1200 - Flextronics, custom

Last edited:
As I've said before I have taken mine apart and it is different meaning it is Seasonic OEM. Every single PSU I have ever used has been taken apart and tested by me to make sure I am not putting my PC at risk. I even wrote the Bjorn3D review on my previous Thermaltake unit and provided all the testing. I know what I'm looking at, and it isn't CWT. If it was, it wouldn't be in my machine right now.

If you have paid any attention to my posts I only recommend the TX650 to 90% of the people BUT their TX750V2 and TX850V2 are Seasonic as well as both their V1 and V2 TX650. There is only one TX650 model made by CWT and there are very slim odds of picking that up from Newegg as I think it's an Asian market only item. The lower end HX model line is also made by Seasonic. I don't recommend CX or GS units due to them being CWT guaranteed hence my posts constantly recommending TX650. The only AX models anybody would buy is the 750 or 850, guaranteeing them a Seasonic unit.

You didn't link one of his reviews, but you mentioned him. I couldn't care less about TPU as I don't trust half the **** they post.

I don't exactly get what you are trying to accomplish here, but I have been recommending people Seasonic units regardless.

As I've said before I have taken mine apart and it is different meaning it is Seasonic OEM. Every single PSU I have ever used has been taken apart and tested by me to make sure I am not putting my PC at risk. I even wrote the Bjorn3D review on my previous Thermaltake unit and provided all the testing. I know what I'm looking at, and it isn't CWT. If it was, it wouldn't be in my machine right now.

If you have paid any attention to my posts I only recommend the TX650 to 90% of the people BUT their TX750V2 and TX850V2 are Seasonic as well as both their V1 and V2 TX650. There is only one TX650 model made by CWT and there are very slim odds of picking that up from Newegg as I think it's an Asian market only item. The lower end HX model line is also made by Seasonic. I don't recommend CX or GS units due to them being CWT guaranteed hence my posts constantly recommending TX650. The only AX models anybody would buy is the 750 or 850, guaranteeing them a Seasonic unit.

You didn't link one of his reviews, but you mentioned him. I couldn't care less about TPU as I don't trust half the **** they post.

I don't exactly get what you are trying to accomplish here, but I have been recommending people Seasonic units regardless.

you make me sound as if I am trying to argue the TX650 is not Seasonic design. Which I am not. The only time I've mentioned it is the in spoiler box. but I don't know why you keep bring it that up.

Yes, I know you almost always recommend the TX650. And while doing so, bash other brands whenever I suggest them. (e.g Rosewill, XFX, and OCZ) failing remember even those brands have have good line up of products just like Corsair have units that are less than stellar.

What am I trying to accomplish? nothing really, you statement below sounded as if ALL TX and HX units in Corsair lineup are Seasonic designed.
I should have been more specific, you want a TX or HX as the OEM is Seasonic. 650w would be plenty, and yes it will have enough ports for you.
Which is not true. Case in point, HX850 is and has always been CWT designs. You said you got a HX850 from someone, maybe that's a pre-production unit? All the retail HX850 units are CWT design. and that's a fact. All the evidence points so, unless you can prove me wrong?

Rosewill are value units, OCZ is failing hard financially and product quality wise (amount of OCZ PSUs being blown up lately is ridiculous), and I don't look at XFX for a PSU maker at all. Usually they want too much money for what they are offering.

You have to realize, it's not just quality but also customer service which is the issue. I offer people products with quality, value, performance, and in the end CS in mind. Not simply, this is a good PSU but when you have trouble with it hope you like being on hold for a long time.....or long RMA times like Gigabyte who are also now making terrible enthusiast boards.

Another thing I can say, I only recommend Seasonic OEM Corsair units. That is why I said, I don't see what you're trying to accomplish. Another point, I didn't say they ALL were. Seasonic make arguably THE best units so I don't see why recommending something else would be an option unless there is something else in the way like serious budget limit, non-gaming, or huge sale. I have recommended Antec units as well. So again I'll ask, what is your point here? I give people what they want that will perform with quality in mind in their budget. With the amount of thanks I get in the PM box I can go on a limb and say there aren't any complaints being made so what is the issue with the units I recommend?

Rosewill are value units, OCZ is failing hard financially and product quality wise (amount of OCZ PSUs being blown up lately is ridiculous), and I don't look at XFX for a PSU maker at all. Usually they want too much money for what they are offering.

You have to realize, it's not just quality but also customer service which is the issue. I offer people products with quality, value, performance, and in the end CS in mind. Not simply, this is a good PSU but when you have trouble with it hope you like being on hold for a long time.....or long RMA times like Gigabyte who are also now making terrible enthusiast boards.

Another thing I can say, I only recommend Seasonic OEM Corsair units. That is why I said, I don't see what you're trying to accomplish. Another point, I didn't say they ALL were. Seasonic make arguably THE best units so I don't see why recommending something else would be an option unless there is something else in the way like serious budget limit, non-gaming, or huge sale. I have recommended Antec units as well. So again I'll ask, what is your point here? I give people what they want that will perform with quality in mind in their budget. With the amount of thanks I get in the PM box I can go on a limb and say there aren't any complaints being made so what is the issue with the units I recommend?

The point is;
you were wrong, but you are to prideful to admit it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom