Game desktop (help a brother out!)

But if I mount the mobo using the pins with the yellow dots (which is impossible because they don't align with the holes on the mobo) then my video/audio outputs are facing the wrong direction as well. Are you sure this works with the Asus b85m-g motherboard? My motherboard isn't even large enough to cover all seven demarcated mounts.

The bottom left one has a hole like the other ones. The (lowest) middle bump is made from some kind of metal I think.

The only way the motherboard can be fitted I think is with the longest side (of the rectangle) facing the left and right sides of the picture. That means that both left holes marked with an M won't be covered and that the strange (lowest) middle bump is going through one of the six holes on the mobo.

Another hole on the mobo (bottom right) wouldn't have a bump/hole corresponding with it on the case.

Sounds like you're trying to put that board in backwards. The I/O goes out the top left on the other side of the fan. Yes, the case will work with that board.

Should go in just like this with the numbers matching the holes. #5 in the Newegg picture has a piece of rubber there which can be placed or left off. #6 or "nothing" will not have a hole and is normal.

Capture522.png

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I haven't found a rubber part though but I think I could put a screw in there... Should I do that or just leave it open? If there's a hole over it I might as well screw it down right?

If it will screw, go with screw.

Better idea, if you find the rubber, put it on the motherboard tray under that hole where I put nothing. In case you press to hard it won't touch bare case.

Last edited:
Almost fit my motherboard in. I've tried to get the i/o through the i/o shield a dozen times so far but there's these stupid metal thingies sticking out. My i/o shield isn't just a metal piece with holes in it, there's like these metal... I don't know what to call them... pieces sticking out (pointing inwards when I fit the i/o) and it makes it impossible to fit the mobo. Should I just rip those off or did I put my i/o shield in wrong? Though I tried to fit it like a dozen times in different positions but this is the only one that really holds.

They are meant to be that way lol. If you don't want to use the shield, take it out. I have never used mine in my own machines as I swap hardware too much.

If you want to use it, you need to have a screw ready, hold the motherboard against the shield in the proper position, (stuff in the holes, will take some pressure), then screw in the top right screw to hold it there. Position the board so the hole on the bottom left is aligned, screw it in, should be good to go.

Right well, this just shows how technical I really am. If I leave it off, won't dust get in the system and isn't that dangerous?

They are meant to be that way lol. If you don't want to use the shield, take it out. I have never used mine in my own machines as I swap hardware too much.

If you want to use it, you need to have a screw ready, hold the motherboard against the shield in the proper position, (stuff in the holes, will take some pressure), then screw in the top right screw to hold it there. Position the board so the hole on the bottom left is aligned, screw it in, should be good to go.

I've never had to have the motherboard "hold" the IO shield in. It always snaps into the case in every one I've done.

Make sure you're using the one that the motherboard came with rather than the one that's installed in the case. They usually have different port layouts and such.

Back
Top Bottom